Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Daystar Dash Panel

Old 08-05-2009, 07:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HappyCurmudgeon we are not talking about the clips for above the radio. We need the clips for the blank panel in front of the shifter. The clip pictured is the exact thing we need. Thus the part number of 68002742AA should be right.
Old 08-05-2009, 07:53 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ah, ok, sorry.

My mistake.

Hope you get what you need
Old 08-05-2009, 08:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

No worries. I hope I do too, haha. I can't believe finding things like this is such a pain sometimes. You would think the stealership would stock this stuff. You know the guys in the shop have to lose these all the time.
Old 08-05-2009, 05:56 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Vrede
No worries. I hope I do too, haha. I can't believe finding things like this is such a pain sometimes. You would think the stealership would stock this stuff. You know the guys in the shop have to lose these all the time.
I think I lost nearly every clip around the dash (including the top panel) in the countless times I've torn the dash apart.

I always end up finding them though! The clips on the main panel (the panel with the AC Vents, AC controls, and Radio) are always stuck inside the slots they fit into. Just take a flash light and you'll see them sitting in there.

The top panel clips are much harder to find... but with some digging and prodding, they always fall down behind the dash on the transmission hump (easily accessible if you take the carpet out and start looking near the firewall...
Old 08-14-2009, 04:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ordered them from the dealer today. We will see. The best part was they quoted me $4.90 over the phone for 1 and I got there and they tried to charge me $10.90!!!! Oh Stealership.
Old 11-23-2010, 06:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon
This came up a lot a while back, coulda swore someone found the part number to order them?!????

From another thread:
Sorry to drag up an old post, but I tried ordering this part number from the dealer, and they gave me an L shaped plastic moulding with some clips on it. The label on it was just like in the photo. Any ideas on the correct number or where to get clips for the center panel (around the radio and heater controls)?
Old 11-23-2010, 06:35 PM
JK Super Freak

LOL Just Kidding... I never ordered these, I found some off a wrecked JK. This is good info to dig up. I wonder what's going on with your order... hmm.
Old 11-24-2010, 02:34 PM
JK Newbie

Wurth or Fastenall make aftermarket clips and stuff. Definitely have what you need. Ask a local body shop to get you a couple.

Quick Reply: Daystar Dash Panel