Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

DDM 35watt HID

Old 02-17-2014, 08:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default damn

well i figured out why the jeep would ever have an issue w lighting...

the JK Jeep Wrangler (2007+ Models) use a special CANBUS functionality built into the lighting circuit. This is a good thing because it is a more intelligent design to control the lighting BUT it makes modifying the headlights a pain in the @$$.
Old 02-18-2014, 10:56 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wouldn't it be easier just to get a new relay harness for the hi/lo from DDM? No problems with mine still, no flickers on low or hi
Old 02-18-2014, 11:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Vladimer
Wouldn't it be easier just to get a new relay harness for the hi/lo from DDM? No problems with mine still, no flickers on low or hi
Let's hope it works. I have one on the way. B
Old 02-25-2014, 03:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Unfortunately with the harness and error eliminators they still don't work correctly. Tried them with and without the eliminators. They shut off halfway home tonight. Thank god I had my fogs. They're going to be listed for sale for anyone who can get em to work for themselves.
Old 02-26-2014, 04:50 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Ziloh22
Unfortunately with the harness and error eliminators they still don't work correctly. Tried them with and without the eliminators. They shut off halfway home tonight. Thank god I had my fogs. They're going to be listed for sale for anyone who can get em to work for themselves.
I tried ddm waste of money should have went with TL to begin with now I never touch my fogs I just need to buy new led bulbs to match the color for when I do want to run them.
Old 02-26-2014, 05:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thats your opinion and that's fine . I've used ddm for years. And I know a bunch of guys who run them on their JKs with no issues.

the JK Jeep Wrangler (2007+ Models) use a special CANBUS functionality built into the lighting circuit. This is a good thing because it is a more intelligent design to control the lighting BUT it makes modifying the headlights a pain in the @$$.

That's the bottom line. It has nothing to do with which brand you use.
Old 02-26-2014, 07:59 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Ziloh22
Thats your opinion and that's fine . I've used ddm for years. And I know a bunch of guys who run them on their JKs with no issues.

That's the bottom line. It has nothing to do with which brand you use.
Is this with the hi/lo bulbs and harness? or just the low beam bulbs. Wonder why it wouldn't work if they were both hi/low
Old 02-26-2014, 07:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Low beam only with harness and error eliminators.
Old 02-26-2014, 08:11 AM
JK Super Freak

Ah gotcha, maybe that's why the canbus is freaking out. I've never tried it with the lows only (on vehicles that have hi/low on same bulb) and haven't seen the same problems on any vehicle I've installed the kit in.
Old 02-26-2014, 08:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Sorry to hear they aren't working out for you. I run them in mine and both hi/low work awesome.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Quick Reply: DDM 35watt HID