Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

DDM V3 Mini H1 Retrofit

Old 11-23-2014, 05:56 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DDM V3 Mini H1 Retrofit

I just finished up a retrofit using DDM's new V3 Projectors and their H1 HID Kit. It looks fantastic, and is a major improvement over OEM. I would consider this the cheapest way to add HID's to a Jeep, as other companies seem to be much more expensive.

Here's a quick parts list:

DDM V3 Projectors (LINK)
DDM H1 6000K HID Ballasts and Bulbs (LINK)
DDM Mini GG Shrouds
Butyl Glue
H13 to H1 Wiring Harness
Donor Headlights
Canned Air
Oatey Epoxy Putty
2" to 1.5" pipe couplings x2

My total for the entire retrofit was UNDER $200, which for me was the main selling point.

Theres plenty of retrofit DIY's out there, so I will refer to the references I mainly used to complete this one. Feel free to ask any questions about the build should you have them, it was a great learning experience for me, and I'm happy to share any knowledge.

***UPDATE 1***

After living with the 6000K 35W bulbs for a few days now, I went ahead and ordered the 55W 5000K kit from DDMtuning.com. The 6000K was just too blue, and I felt it really took away from the upgrade. After all, I did the retrofit for better lighting, and having blue lights is counterproductive, though it does look sweet.

I've had some condensation issues as well, so I picked up some RTV Silicone from Wal-Mart for $5 to run around some possible trouble areas. It appeared that I used a bit too little Butyl around the lens seals as well, so I re-baked them, and fixed that.

Special thanks to Ominx for his write up, and here's his guide used to complete my project: https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-e...ofit-228305/#b

Click image for larger version

Name:	3:4 View.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	585350Click image for larger version

Name:	Backed Away.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	585351Click image for larger version

Name:	Stock Vs V3.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	58.3 KB