Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Electrical Glitch round two, fixed with pictures

Old 07-22-2015, 11:32 AM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Electrical Glitch round two, fixed with pictures

I had previously posted an issue I was having with my jeep, which with the help of a few posters, ended up being a loose battery terminal due to me having accessories connected to the terminal tightening nut. For reference, I was having intermittent glitches with the speedometer falling off, and random lights popping up. Well, I had to figure out how/where to put the wires to all the crap on my jeep, so I found this solution from Quadratec for 35 bucks:

Quadratec Exclusive JK-HDBT12 - Quadratec® Extreme Duty Battery Terminals for 12-15 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK - Quadratec

Those are the extreme duty terminals by quadratec. They are basically a wire connection bus with a heavy duty hook up for things like a winch or compressor. It was perfect for getting my winch and sPOD hooked up, and left one open port for my compressor later on down the road. (using a portable at the moment) It also cleaned up the battery area too. (yes Stuart, i'm going to clean my engine compartment )

Here is a before picture. You can see my hot wire for my winch was connected to the terminal tension nut, and my sPOD negative doing the same on that side. (hard to see the negative). It also looked kind of messy with the hot wire laying over the battery, but like so many others, my hot wire was too short to route it neatly around things.

Click image for larger version

Name:	009.JPG
Views:	65
Size:	2.02 MB
ID:	618876Click image for larger version

Name:	010.JPG
Views:	59
Size:	2.08 MB
ID:	618877Click image for larger version

Name:	011.JPG
Views:	63
Size:	2.49 MB
ID:	618878

These pictures show the fix. The top post is for heavy pulling items like a winch, which is where I hooked mine up. It really cleans things up and allowed me to get the hot wire off the battery. I'm not done with that, as I think I have enough extra to clean it up a little more. It was hot as balls yesterday so I just wanted to be done with it as quickly as possible. None the less, better than it was...

Click image for larger version

Name:	012.JPG
Views:	48
Size:	2.41 MB
ID:	618881Click image for larger version

Name:	013.JPG
Views:	59
Size:	2.53 MB
ID:	618882
Old 07-22-2015, 11:42 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts