Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Electrical issues, need help...

Old 11-18-2015, 11:19 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electrical issues, need help...

So the factory nav unit (430n rhb) quit about a month ago, I shipped it out for a main board replacement and now that its back, it shuts off and freezes with seemingly no rhyme or reason. On top of that, now my horn has quit, the steering wheel audio controls no longer work, and the controls on left side of the wheel for the drivers info center have quit as well. Dealer says they'll just have to look at it, charging hourly of course. All fuses are good, all accessories (winch and lights) are wired direct to the batt with relays, I do have a superchips trail dash plugged in and tuned for 87 oct, and no dtc's or lights. I'm stumped and I really don't want to spend hundreds or thousands at the stealership. Any ideas?
Old 11-18-2015, 01:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by littleredrubicon
So the factory nav unit (430n rhb) quit about a month ago, I shipped it out for a main board replacement and now that its back, it shuts off and freezes with seemingly no rhyme or reason. On top of that, now my horn has quit, the steering wheel audio controls no longer work, and the controls on left side of the wheel for the drivers info center have quit as well. Dealer says they'll just have to look at it, charging hourly of course. All fuses are good, all accessories (winch and lights) are wired direct to the batt with relays, I do have a superchips trail dash plugged in and tuned for 87 oct, and no dtc's or lights. I'm stumped and I really don't want to spend hundreds or thousands at the stealership. Any ideas?
Cant really help with whats up with the radio, but the steering wheel control issue is probably a clockspring issue....

Quick Reply: Electrical issues, need help...