Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Engineering Menu + MyGig = Disaster if you're not careful ...

Old 05-22-2014, 12:31 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone?!?!

Originally Posted by Noonetold
No let me know if you find out thank you
Has anyone figured out how to press "YES" when your screen is uncalibrated (messed up). I cannot get it to load the old firmware! Help!
The following users liked this post:
Fjmeneses (02-12-2020)
Old 07-21-2015, 04:41 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 9.11.0

Guys, does anyone have a copy of this firmware? I cannot find it anywhere. Personally email me at robsinan@gmail.com if you're able to help me out.
Any help will be appreciated.
Old 12-19-2015, 01:54 PM
JK Freak

I found old copies of various firmware updates for this radio if anyone needs them. PM me.
Old 06-04-2016, 08:29 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by amt97
I found old copies of various firmware updates for this radio if anyone needs them. PM me.
Can you please send me firmware updates to Dewwing200@gmail.com[/email] I have REN version 9.2 I need to downgrade to calibrate. Thanks in advance!
Fjmeneses (02-12-2020)
Old 06-06-2016, 09:49 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Danks
Has anyone figured out how to press "YES" when your screen is uncalibrated (messed up). I cannot get it to load the old firmware! Help!
Did you ever figure out how to press YES on the screen, dealer trying to charge $150.00 to manually program 😖
Old 07-01-2017, 08:15 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me please!

I cannot find it anywhere Firmaware

I need to downgrade to calibrate. Thanks in advance!

Mofv.com is dead :(

Mail for information and solution please

f.rioseco.hidalgo@gmail.com

So, I just installed my shiny new MyGig today.

I got a great deal on it on eBay ... 30GB REN model (non-nav) for $300 shipped.

Got it all installed easily, even upgraded the firmware to the latest version.

Then I was showing it off to a friend, went into the Engineering Menu and hit the "calibrate touch screen" option. Whoops. Bricked my MyGig. There is no "reset" or "Revert to Defaults" Nope, nada, zlich. Turning off the radio did nothing. Reinstalling the current firmware did nothing.

I was freaking out. Basically the touch screen did not work at all. I furiously scoured the web for any hints, tips, etc. I found an "Emergency Touch Screen Calibration" key combo - Seek Up + Radio/Media + Nav (or Audio) - which didn't work for me. I discovered upon reading (see thread below) that since I had resourcefully updated my firmware to the latest version, Chrysler in it's infinite wisdom decided to conveniently "delete" this helpful shortcut in the most recent firmware for the REN models. If you can't use the touchscreen, you can't get back to the Engineering Menu to recalibrate your touchscreen! D'oh!

Fortunately, someone named "jimd1981" figured it out over at www.mofv.com. Thread here:
(Mofv.com) I downgraded my firmware (had to go to version 9.110 for me to make it work) and was able to use the above mentioned shortcut to get back into the touchscreen calibration mode. I followed the instructions in the post and recalibrated my touchscreen - P.S. You need a stylus of some sort - your finger will not work - I used the skinny end of a plastic bic pen cap taped to the end of a pen as my stylus and that worked like a charm. Follow his steps if you run into any snags and you should be good to go. I was ready to cry. It was after midnight when this happened; it is not 4:03am as I write this. Thankfully I won't have to make a trip to the dealer tomorrow. Phew!

It was not a fun experience to say the least; I won't be poking around in the engineering menu any time soon, that's for sure!

So, DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT enter "Touch Screen Calibration Mode" unless you have a stylus handy or are a glutton for punishment. It actually was pretty easy once I knew what I was doing ... but if you screw it up, you'll be a wee bit prickly when you realize your touch screen is bunk.

If you have any questions, feel free to reply to this post or PM me, and I'll help you out where I can.
Old 08-30-2017, 11:56 AM
JK Newbie

Default Help!

Send me to => gus-vilela@hotmail.com

thank you! I need the version 9.112 to my REZ.. my touch screen is not working well.
Fjmeneses (02-12-2020)
Old 01-18-2018, 11:14 AM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you still have the firmware version version 9.110 i cant seem to find it anywhere and the website you liked is dead
Fjmeneses (02-12-2020)
Old 01-18-2018, 11:19 AM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

do u still have the firmware version 9.110 if so can u plz send it to me -- : ipad.death@gmail.com
Fjmeneses (02-12-2020)
Old 04-04-2018, 11:10 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Dewwing200
Did you ever figure out how to press YES on the screen, dealer trying to charge $150.00 to manually program 😖
I know it's an old thread but doesn't seem to have been solved here (or anywhere). Has anyone ever figured out how to press "YES" on the update or engineer screen after calibration has failed? RHR is paralyzed.
Fjmeneses (02-12-2020)

Quick Reply: Engineering Menu + MyGig = Disaster if you're not careful ...