Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Engo Winch Solenoid - In Cab Controls

Old 01-16-2012, 10:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engo Winch Solenoid - In Cab Controls

I am trying to wire up my Engo 9K winch with In Cab Controls, and I have researched EVERYTHING regarding the wiring and cables to run. I have run 3 cables from the solenoid thru the engine bay, and into the cab to a 2-switch system from OTRATTW. One switch is the main power to the secondary In/Out momentary switch.

I have looked at countless pictures and wiring set ups for Warn winch solenoid packs, but have never found anything for the Engo. The Engo has 2 solenoids in the case, and 3 smaller wires run to the controller hook-up (Red, Black & White). I know these 3 wires are for In, Out, and Power (or is it Ground), but can't figure out which is which......

And all the write-ups I have read talk about 3 wires, but some say the 3rd wire is power and some say ground......I don't think I connected the ground correctly, b/c the first time I hit the switch, my Jeep died and started clicking like I had just disconnected the battery and wouldn't start!!! SO, I assume I had grounded the battery and just about completely discharged it

Can anyone who might have done this pass along some knowledge about which cable is In / Out / Power (or is it Ground).....Need some help

Thanks.
Old 01-16-2012, 11:55 AM
JK Super Freak

I also have an Engo and thought about having a control in the cab. However, I am considering the wireless accessory. Can use anywhere and no wires to mess with. Have you considered that?
Old 01-16-2012, 01:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sahara_Maverick
I also have an Engo and thought about having a control in the cab. However, I am considering the wireless accessory. Can use anywhere and no wires to mess with. Have you considered that?
Ok, so wireless controls would still connect to the solenoid and the in and out bolts....let me know which ones those are.....and what wireless controller are you going to use. I didn't know Engo made one....
Old 01-16-2012, 02:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Echo had an in cab winch control setup but I don't think he's here anymore
Old 01-16-2012, 04:10 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by cbass1187

Ok, so wireless controls would still connect to the solenoid and the in and out bolts....let me know which ones those are.....and what wireless controller are you going to use. I didn't know Engo made one....
I don't know how the controller wiring is.
Saw the wireless recently in their website and was thinking about getting it. I'd give Chris a call and check with him. He has a thread going on with some promos.
Old 01-17-2012, 04:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Back to Top.....

I can't believe no one has put 'In-Cab Controls' for an Engo Winch, or would happen to know which wire is the In and which wire is the Out lead?!?

It is a dual solenoid set up, not the 4 like a Warn, so most of the diagrams and write-ups online don't fully jive. Also, I took apart the remote handle to try to trace the colors and pin locations, but the wires in the remote are a different color than the red, white, and black in the solenoid......

Please someone help me figure this out.

Need to know which wire is In, which is Out, and which is Ground/power......and how to run that 3rd wire (Ground or power)?!? I understand how to run the In / Out wires into the In-Cab switch, put how do I connect the 3rd wire.

Thanks
Old 01-17-2012, 05:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can also just use the typical Warn connection diagram, it is still the same. They just use 2 relays in parallel for each direction vs 1 relay for each direction. That is only to lessen the current flow through the relay, but they are still wired the same.

Last edited by WhosUrBuddiee; 01-17-2012 at 05:53 AM.
Old 01-17-2012, 06:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is typical 2 solinoid operation

Old 01-17-2012, 06:13 AM
JK Super Freak

I was going to do this same thing last weekend and ended up for now just mounting the box on the winch. Why does no one move the box? I think it's a pretty easy move and then to run the wires for the control into the cab. I think I will start a seperate post and ask why they are not moved!
Old 01-17-2012, 12:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
Here is typical 2 solinoid operation

THANKS.....That is awesome.

Anyone else have some words of wisdom (or pictures) of the wiring on an Engo 9K winch?

And what color does what. Looking for that perfect definitive answer that I am sure someone has figured out already!?!

Thanks

Last edited by cbass1187; 01-18-2012 at 10:29 AM.

Quick Reply: Engo Winch Solenoid - In Cab Controls