Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

ESP BAS warning Light

Old 01-14-2007, 09:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A fix for this that came from My Girlfriend.

My girlfriend has a little mercedes kompressor that would do stuff similar to this and when my JK unlimited did it, she said go out (and this works) to the jeep, turn it on, turn wheels all the way left, then all the way right, then turn off. then turn on and drive. upon shifting to second it will go off. I swear to GOD it worked. I was floored.
Old 01-14-2007, 12:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ha! Thats funny Im gonna have to try that next time. I couldnt reproduce it nor could the dealership.
But I thank you all for your input and comments.
Old 01-16-2007, 04:55 PM
JK Super Freak

There is actually a TSB for this, you may need your chip flashed...

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-electrical-lighting-sound-systems-13/tsb-18-036-06-awesome-1224/

And Major Ho, since you are in VA, you should stop by the http://rva-or.thinkmud.com and say hello!
Old 04-11-2007, 02:52 PM
JK Newbie

I just had mine fixed! It was a bad Steering Angle Sensor. At the dealer they hooked my jeep to the diagnostic computer and watched the sensor and turned the wheel. The sensor would quit working. It had and intermittent short. They ordered one.. put it on... and did the ABS module update. no charge. Esp or BAs light havent been on since. Even on the curvy off ramps!
Old 04-11-2007, 03:03 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

After wheelin in the mud I had this problem. My problem was mud in the sensor on the rear wheels. I removed the bolt that hold it in, pulled it out and I used a squirt bottle to clean it out. you might try that.
Old 06-11-2007, 02:08 PM
JK Newbie

I've had by Rubicon 3 weeks and last Friday I just encourtered the same problem with the ESP / BAS and ESP Off light coming on when I start the vehicle and staying on. I can turn the ESP light off by hitting the switch but the other stays on. Sometimes it will go out after about 20 min. Sometimes it doesn't come on at all and might show up while I'm driving. But it is always both lights at the same time.
Old 06-11-2007, 02:38 PM
JeepSWAG
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Major Ho
It was dry as a...I cant think of a proper metaphor
In Australia they'd say "dry as a dead dingo's donger".

Just glad that I could help ya out
Old 06-11-2007, 05:25 PM
JK Freak

Default clock spring

I was installing cruise control wel I broke my clock spring and the same two lights came on . Get new spring tomorrow so hopefully that will fix it and get rid of the two lights.
Old 06-15-2007, 08:07 AM
JK Newbie

not only do my esp and bas lights come on at random times, my passenger airbag light comes on too. And last night as i was driving home i noticed the fog lights turning on and off, when i tried to turn off the lights altogether, they just stayed on! Next I tried the blinker and those didnt work either. ???? At the next stoplight I restarted the car, which fixed the blinker and light problems but the passenger airbag light came on about a minute later. WHAT IS GOING ON?!?!?!?
Old 06-15-2007, 08:09 AM
JK Newbie

my ESP BAS light just came on last night after pulling a friend out of the mud (I wasn't wheeling myself). What was the final story on getting this light to go out?

Quick Reply: ESP BAS warning Light