Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Fog Lights

Old 12-09-2008, 03:43 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fog Lights

Hey so I have a 2008 Wrangler X s-package, but had it shipped with the mopar tubular "offroad" bumper. I was wondering, since I got the S package, am I entitled to a pair of fog lights even though they weren't shipped with the jeep.
Sorry that's kind of an obscure question, but if anybody knows anything about this I would appreciate it.
Old 12-09-2008, 05:58 PM
JK Freak

Default Fog Lights

Originally Posted by ejoyce
Hey so I have a 2008 Wrangler X s-package, but had it shipped with the mopar tubular "offroad" bumper. I was wondering, since I got the S package, am I entitled to a pair of fog lights even though they weren't shipped with the jeep.
Sorry that's kind of an obscure question, but if anybody knows anything about this I would appreciate it.
I have a 2008 X Model with the 23S package, and it came with the fog lights. Best bet, check your window sticker and see if it lists the fogs.

I did not get the upgraded bumper, but know that the fogs were part of the upgrade package - I could be wrong, but I don't think that the upgraded bumper would make a difference in what is included in the S options package.

JD
Old 12-09-2008, 07:09 PM
JK Super Freak

The bumper wouldn't make a difference, it is all based on the package if you should have fogs or not. If you go to order the bumper Fogs are not included just the cut outs for the fogs.
Old 12-09-2008, 07:31 PM
JK Newbie

The same thing happened to me. I purchased the s-package and my dealer told me that Jeep did a mid year switch taking the front tow hooks and the fog lights off and made it a seperate package.
Old 12-11-2008, 10:25 PM
JK Freak

Probably so they could make more money for yet another, add on package.
Old 12-12-2008, 05:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You may want to check and see if you have the fog light harness at the front. If you don't have fogs you should have loom with 2 plugs that are currently empty...
Old 12-12-2008, 07:54 AM
JK Freak

The bumper wouldn't make a difference, it is all based on the package if you should have fogs or not. If you go to order the bumper Fogs are not included just the cut outs for the fogs.
I agree that you should get what you paid for, HOWEVER, the bumper WILL make a difference. If you got an upgraded Mopar bumper that does not have the cutouts for the foglights, then there is no way to mount the factory fogs on your Jeep. You would have to get top bumper mounted fogs which Jeep stopped using from the factory after the 2006 models. That means, if you have the wiring in place, you would need to get after market ones and mount them on your Jeep and "might" be able to use the factory wiring.
Old 12-13-2008, 07:16 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by tbfreebird
You may want to check and see if you have the fog light harness at the front. If you don't have fogs you should have loom with 2 plugs that are currently empty...
I was thinking the same thing. I went out and checked and there is in fact a wire that runs through my bumper, that I always imagined was for the fog lights, but I didn't see any plugs...

The reason I'm asking all this is because I just got a rugged ridge modular front bumper and want to have the fog lights in place and would rather not pay another $150 for the Delta ones.

Also, I can't find my stupid window sticker which may have said if I got fog lights, will my dealer have this? Or am I just kinda screwed?

Thanks for your guys' input though
Old 12-13-2008, 09:10 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Check with your dealership, as they should have the information on hand.
If they are no help, then call Chrysler CS. They should be able to tell you the information you need off your VIN.

Quick Reply: Fog Lights