Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Fried H4 Harness

Old 12-02-2016, 04:47 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fried H4 Harness

I have been running the Delta H4 Lights for a few years now with less than exciting results. I put in Philips Silverstar ULTRA bulbs in the spring and saw pretty measurable improvement.

Yesterday I noticed one of the lights was out so I investigated and saw this. Makes sense, ULTRAs burn brighter and hotter.

Not sure what to do now except get rid of the ULTRA. Thought about LED upgrade, but in New England, I'd probably need the heated lights, right?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	light.JPG
Views:	76
Size:	415.3 KB
ID:	661979  
Old 12-02-2016, 05:01 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I've had a couple of the SMS H4 harnesses from rallylights.com and would recommend them. Very high quality. They can take the wattage. There is no good reason those bulbs should have burnt up your harness.

In New England I'd probably lean toward the Cibie lamps and higher wattage bulbs (this is what I have) or the heated lens Trucklites.
Old 01-09-2017, 01:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The question is WHY... did is get so hot ? Was this problem due to a loose connections or drawing too many amps ????? The separate headlight harness that I installed has ceramic headlight connectors which will not melt.
Old 01-09-2017, 08:50 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i second the rallylights.com harness. you can power some crazy lights with it and have no issues and its well made.
Old 01-09-2017, 08:55 PM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by shabbernigdo
i second the rallylights.com harness. you can power some crazy lights with it and have no issues and its well made.

I third this! Excellent quality.

Quick Reply: Fried H4 Harness