Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Front Turn Signal Wiring

Old 11-09-2012, 04:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front Turn Signal Wiring

Does anybody know what color wire does what for the front turn signals? I have a 2013 JKRU and just bought the Go Recon smoked LED lights, there is a resistor to install but the instructors are just say to install one end to the NEG and one end to the turn signal wire that has the relay for blinking. I have the black for ground and then a white/pink wire and a white/brown or orange wire.

Last edited by Skid_Kid; 11-09-2012 at 06:15 PM.
Old 11-11-2012, 12:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by mababcock
Does anybody know what color wire does what for the front turn signals? I have a 2013 JKRU and just bought the Go Recon smoked LED lights, there is a resistor to install but the instructors are just say to install one end to the NEG and one end to the turn signal wire that has the relay for blinking. I have the black for ground and then a white/pink wire and a white/brown or orange wire.
You do have a $5 test light, right? Take the bulb out and insert the test probe, turn on the signal. When the test light blinks, you found the proper wire. You also could stick the tester into one of the two wires instead.
The test light should be onboard at all times to troubleshoot your wiring. Good luck :-)
Old 09-29-2015, 02:07 PM
JK Newbie

Default Is there an answer

Does anyone actually know what the colors are and what they do ?
Old 09-29-2015, 02:24 PM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Check this thread...

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-w...ght-mod-20860/

Apparently it is the outside wire (furthest from ground) of unknown stripe color.
Old 09-29-2015, 03:02 PM
JK Newbie

That's what's so confusing. I cannot find anywhere, where someone actually calls out the stripe color and whether or not it's the blinker or the power.
Old 09-29-2015, 03:08 PM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Well it's a 50/50 shot. And he said the one furthest from the ground wire. I would try that. Don't solder it in. Just use a couple of alligator clips to test it. That's what I would do anyway.
Old 12-29-2015, 12:18 PM
JK Newbie

Default Just completed this mod

Can confirm that on the turn signal lights the black wire is ground, the middle wire is park and the wire furthest from black is the signal wire.
Old 09-06-2020, 08:00 PM
JK Newbie

Default Front turn signal

My front right turn signal when I test the wires they both white and the white and tan both powerup but than the black ground also shows power what's up
Old 01-04-2021, 05:41 PM
JK Newbie

Hello,
I would like your help guys to want to give a warning to the car behind me by flashing signal light right left but the response getting very slow to turn from right to left is that normal or because of resister hold flashcuation

Quick Reply: Front Turn Signal Wiring