Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fuel pump relay

Default Fuel pump relay

Can anyone tell me where the fuel pump relay is. If its in the tpim which one specifically is it?

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
    JeepItm8
    O////O NORTHRIDGE 4x4 rocks

2009 Red Rock, ARB Locker, 5.13 G2 gearing,4 " coil lift, 35" Toyo M/T , 17" Blk Pro Comp Wheels, SRC Front bump,Tow Bar Brackets. XRC Smitty Built 8k Winch, Body Armor Rear bump with Cans, High lift Jack and Spare Tire Carrier, Rampage rock Sliders, Air Raid Intake, Hypertech Prog, KC / Pro Comp Lighting, Bushwacker Fenders , daystar switches and panel, hothead headliners, smitybilt Tailgate storage and catch-all seat covers, cobra 19 CB.

08 Rubicon Unlimited
    Auto Transmission

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-4137462452.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	53.3 KB 
ID:	457420

JeepItm8

2009 Red Rock, ARB Locker, 5.13 G2 gearing,4 " coil lift, 35" Toyo M/T , 17" Blk Pro Comp Wheels, SRC Front bump,Tow Bar Brackets. XRC Smitty Built 8k Winch, Body Armor Rear bump with Cans, High lift Jack and Spare Tire Carrier, Rampage rock Sliders, Air Raid Intake, Hypertech Prog, KC / Pro Comp Lighting, Bushwacker Fenders , daystar switches and panel, hothead headliners, smitybilt Tailgate storage and catch-all seat covers, cobra 19 CB.

That's a different TPIm mine is pictured above. 2009 JK

JeepItm8

Quote Originally Posted by JeepItm8 View Post

Name:	image-4137462452.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	53.3 KB 
ID:	457420

OK. Here's a pic showing what those relays are.
    Your TIPM is the same as mine. The fuel pump relay is on a circuit board inside the TIPM.
    08 Rubicon Unlimited
    Auto Transmission

That's a different TPIm mine is pictured above. 2009 JK

Dual Boards in the TIPM upper and lower what Ron is showing you is the lower board in the first picture

Last edited by 33 williys 77; 05-13-2013 at 01:16 PM.
    Stock X 2Dr
    Going Crazy
    Be Back Soon!

We test all relays and fuses and all OK. We are not getting power to the pump. When we hard wire pump it starts

JeepItm8

This is from another forum member:

"If your fuel pump quits run a power wire to the Blue/Org wire on TIPM connector C5 pin 10 to bypass the TIPM and get the fuel pump on.
    "

If it works, it will tell you everything is good from that point back to the fuel pump. The problem would likely be in the TIPM.

If it doesn't work, you have a break in the connection somewhere between the TIPM and the fuel pump.
    08 Rubicon Unlimited
    Auto Transmission

M25 fuse is good but now power to it. We placed a jumper wire to a key power. And it runs this way.

Name:	image-3735601768.jpg 
Views:	187 
Size:	49.8 KB 
ID:	457445

JeepItm8

M25 fuse is good but now power to it. We placed a jumper wire to a key power. And it runs this way.

Name:	image-3735601768.jpg 
Views:	187 
Size:	49.8 KB 
ID:	457445

The M25 fuse gets it's power from the fuel pump relay. With the test you did, you now know everything is good from the TIPM to the pump.
    The problem is within the TIPM, on the circuit board. Either the relay is bad, or it is not being commanded to close the contacts.

Look at fuse M37. Make sure it's OK.
    Last edited by ronjenx; 05-13-2013 at 01:44 PM.
    08 Rubicon Unlimited
    Auto Transmission

11. Default JK-Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast