Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Fuse Block Help Please

Old 04-29-2015, 01:09 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuse Block Help Please

As with most things there might be more than one way to skin a cat.. I want to make sure i have this right as its the first time I have attemted any 12volt wiring. I have a Blue Sea 6 position fuse block, 100 amp Circuit Breaker, 5 Carling Switches set up in a Daystar panel and 5 Relay ready with harness. My question is should I add say an 80 amp relay to make the block ignition power or can I just make power to switchs ignition power? Any way better? Do I have this concept correct? Thanks in advance.
Old 04-29-2015, 01:32 PM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

If I understand you correctly, you only want power to your accessories when the key is on. You can do that simply through the control circuits of the relay.

Like this...

Notice the 12V switched feed on the bottom left to the switches.

Last edited by 14Sport; 04-29-2015 at 01:41 PM.
Old 04-29-2015, 01:45 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, yes I just want power with ignition on. So power the Carling's with switched power from a ignition acc source. Then wire relays from there.This would make Blue Sea hot all the time but the switches would control acc. Sorry if I did not word my question clearly.
Old 04-29-2015, 01:52 PM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by RockinRobin
Thanks, yes I just want power with ignition on. So power the Carling's with switched power from a ignition acc source. Then wire relays from there.This would make Blue Sea hot all the time but the switches would control acc. Sorry if I did not word my question clearly.
Yes. There would be power to the blue sea but it stops there until you hit a switch and then it feeds to the accessory. That is how relays are typically wired, even from the factory. It's also the way the sPod works, only without switched power to the switches so the accessories can be turned on without the key. Not ideal to me, especially for a winch. It does have an automatic shutdown though if the battery gets too low.

Last edited by 14Sport; 04-29-2015 at 01:55 PM.

Quick Reply: Fuse Block Help Please