Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Going to the darkside. Ordered a set of 7" 90w round LED lights.

Old 05-24-2015, 12:49 PM
JK Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Going to the darkside. Ordered a set of 7" 90w round LED lights.

Well I buckled and ordered a set of 7" 90w LED lights to try. They are rated at 8100 Lumens and give a range of 900m@.25lux. its 750m@1 lux. I will give them a shot if the specs are true. I will compare them to my 55w HID hella 500s I have now which are no slouches.

For the price, I am not out a massive amount of money on a good set of lights. or I am not out a lot of money on a crappy set of lights. Either way its going to be interesting to see how these perform.
Old 05-24-2015, 01:18 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What manufacturer did you go with?
Old 05-24-2015, 02:01 PM
JK Junkie

To be honest, I am not sure. ha ha. They look like the ones HIDaustralia are selling.

IM very interested to see how they compared to my HID hella lights...
Old 06-22-2015, 12:31 AM
JK Junkie

A little update on this. The ebay sellers' account was hacked and I never received the lights. yesterday as a fathers day gift, I ordered a set of 9" round 160w arb style lights. Again, to try against my hellas. I am very interested in these lights. As with 2 of them I am coming up on 30,000 lumens compared to about 6-8000 out of my hellas. My hellas however made proper work of every ounce of light from the bulbs. I am very interested to see how these compare.

I have them coming in spot configuration. I think they also come with an interchangeable flood lens. I may run 1 and 1.
Old 06-27-2015, 06:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kojack
Well I buckled and ordered a set of 7" 90w LED lights to try. They are rated at 8100 Lumens and give a range of 900m@.25lux. its 750m@1 lux. I will give them a shot if the specs are true. I will compare them to my 55w HID hella 500s I have now which are no slouches.

For the price, I am not out a massive amount of money on a good set of lights. or I am not out a lot of money on a crappy set of lights. Either way its going to be interesting to see how these perform.
Looks like you and me are both switching sides for a bit. I just put some cheap HIDs in a pair of 5 inch KC Apollos I had laying around. It's not as smooth of a beam as the halogen bulbs were though, probably because the HIDs are longer. It might be better if I put better bulbs in bigger housings.
Old 06-27-2015, 10:32 AM
JK Junkie

My HID hellas are awesome. just light in the right spots for a LONG way. But I have been itching to try the LED round lights for a while now. I can't wait to get the new ones in. 160w, 14000 lumens each in spot config, amiable unlike the bars....and they look killer on the rig.

Quick Reply: Going to the darkside. Ordered a set of 7" 90w round LED lights.