Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Head Unit help...

Old 11-16-2014, 09:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Head Unit help...

My 2014 Wrangler U came with a 130 head unit. I am wanting to at least put in a backup camera and maybe some others cameras. I am not interested in NAV. Would I be better off getting a used 430 or 730, and a lockpick type device or go with an aftermarket setup? Also I realize there are other things that the 430 or 730 can do but am not familiar with all their capabilities?
Old 11-17-2014, 04:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Go aftermarket ....Kenwood Pioneer Clarion are so much nicer ..they don't require lock pick ($200) And some have built in Nav ....don't waste your time w. a MyGig set up
Old 11-17-2014, 11:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by pazitive44
Go aftermarket ....Kenwood Pioneer Clarion are so much nicer ..they don't require lock pick ($200) And some have built in Nav ....don't waste your time w. a MyGig set up
Agree. Aftermarket is much better. However, I went lockpick route to decrease risk of thief. I have front and rear cams and amps/preamp/fosgate sub and alpine components speakers. My jeeps system looks totally stock from outside and rocks inside the vehicle. Just my opinion
Old 11-17-2014, 02:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pazitive44
That is what I was thinking....could probably go a long way before spending what I would have to spend to get the 430 or 730 going like I want. I am interested in cameras most then audio next. What is the best for that purpose and are there systems that are compatible with more than one camera?

Quick Reply: Head Unit help...