Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Headlight issues

Old 04-19-2015, 08:33 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlight issues

About a month ago we went to our local play ground, went through a puddle, ok it was a deep puddle. After we got home I noticed my headlights wont work. The fuses are good, my tail lights, parking lights, fog lights, and running lights all work. Has anyone had this problem on their JK or suggesting how to fix it?

2010 JK
3.5 Rubicon Express lift
35" Tires
17 Wheel
Old 04-20-2015, 10:06 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by mstreete
About a month ago we went to our local play ground, went through a puddle, ok it was a deep puddle. After we got home I noticed my headlights wont work. The fuses are good, my tail lights, parking lights, fog lights, and running lights all work. Has anyone had this problem on their JK or suggesting how to fix it?

2010 JK
3.5 Rubicon Express lift
35" Tires
17 Wheel
Clean out the connectors, check the fuse and pop in new bulbs if none of that helps.
Old 04-27-2015, 06:37 PM
JK Newbie

Sounds like its time to put in some truck lites! That's what I did when mine "broke" lol
Old 04-27-2015, 11:37 PM
Former Member

If they don't work on low AND high beam it won't likely be the bulbs or plugs. 4 out of 4 elements going OR 2 out of 2 plugs at the same time would be like odds for a lottery. Sounds more like a logic issue. Have you tried pulling the battery ground for a few minutes
Old 05-08-2016, 06:42 PM
JK Newbie

For some odd reasons the head lights are working. I want to thank you for your inputs.
Old 05-08-2016, 07:18 PM
Former Vendor

I was going to ask if you got water inside your actually housing, which would cause most halogen to fail. But sounds like they are working.

I'm guessing you got water/dirt inside the connector and it was shorting out or making a bad connection and it finally dried out.

Glad you got them working

Quick Reply: Headlight issues