Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Headlight Replacement on a budget

Old 08-22-2015, 04:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlight Replacement on a budget

hey guys!
so today i picked up my 1st wrangler ever a 07 JKU!! I am so excited i now own this truck but i also have alot of anxiety just thinking about all the upgrades i need and all the money it costs that i do not have!!

the 1st thing i motices was the headlights suck and they are foggy they never cleaned them before giving me the truck.

I need advice on what to get and what NOT to get for my JKU.

here is what I am looking for
so basically i wanna star in $300-$400 range
I would like HID or LED
Halo included or a housing i could add my own halo

or a DIY where i can do all this myself or use retro fitted lighing

Thanks in advance everyone!

I
Old 08-22-2015, 06:11 PM
JK Newbie

Hey congrats with the Jeep!
I got my 07 about 2 years ago and now I can't ever think of not owning a wrangler

But I recently purchased some Halo rings for my headlights. I kinda did a DIY (opened up the headlight housing and put the halos in). Just a bit of advice, if you do wire them follow the instructions haha I tried wiring them to a unused fuse(seat warmer) so they would turn on when I turn the ignition key over but that messed something up in the system and now my jeep won't turn on

But anyways, cheers on the new Jeep
Old 08-22-2015, 10:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by carloscastaaa
Hey congrats with the Jeep!
I got my 07 about 2 years ago and now I can't ever think of not owning a wrangler

But I recently purchased some Halo rings for my headlights. I kinda did a DIY (opened up the headlight housing and put the halos in). Just a bit of advice, if you do wire them follow the instructions haha I tried wiring them to a unused fuse(seat warmer) so they would turn on when I turn the ignition key over but that messed something up in the system and now my jeep won't turn on

But anyways, cheers on the new Jeep
ohh man thats horrible!! haha
i just want the halo and attatch it to my parking lights.

but thats not the problem, problem is(or what i wanna know) is changing my hi/lo beams to HID or LED
what are good ones to get or any good kits?

they have kits and aftermarket stuff on ebay but are they any good?
Old 08-23-2015, 12:53 AM
Former Member

Get the IPF HID kit. Comes with the light pots, glass lenses and bulbs. You'll get light like the Jeep should have come with and won't break the bank. Only problem is they won't make your ride look like a pimpmobile. LEDs will cover with Ice in the winter and as long as the engine is running you don't need reduced energy consumption like you want in your house. Your choice to chose whatever but why throw money down the drain if all you want is to be able to see what's in front of you at night?
Another consideration is the more you pay.....the more likely someone will take them when you're not around.
Old 08-23-2015, 09:11 AM
JK Freak

I did the same thing. Just picked up an 07 with crappy foggy headlights. Did a simple little quick restore kit and it helped a ton! Didn't want to throw money at headlights. Too many other things I started with
Old 08-23-2015, 09:59 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I installed the KC LED headlights...way better than stock...I don't get a lot of winter and what we had didn't really cause any issues...I really like the split light look of the LEDs...the KC lights have a 20year warranty and come with antiflicker harness...

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20150823_135833.png
Views:	172
Size:	996.6 KB
ID:	622380

Installed some led bulbs in the fogs...

Quick Reply: Headlight Replacement on a budget