Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Headlights

Old 12-17-2016, 04:59 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlights

Hey all, it's that time for an upgrade and the headlights are obviously lacking as everyone here knows. I know the JW speakers are king, but I was wondering if anyone had a lot of success with other brands as well. I have looked in the sponsored section and have seen inspired engineering running a new set with full halos and a few other brands out there. I like the full halo ring and especially the ones that are amber for turns. I'm on a limited budget (like most) and if I could get a set of headlights for 350-400 then I could buy fogs as well instead of just headlights for the JWs. Thanks for the input!
Old 12-17-2016, 05:22 AM
JK Freak

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Kreigk9
Hey all, it's that time for an upgrade and the headlights are obviously lacking as everyone here knows. I know the JW speakers are king, but I was wondering if anyone had a lot of success with other brands as well. I have looked in the sponsored section and have seen inspired engineering running a new set with full halos and a few other brands out there. I like the full halo ring and especially the ones that are amber for turns. I'm on a limited budget (like most) and if I could get a set of headlights for 350-400 then I could buy fogs as well instead of just headlights for the JWs. Thanks for the input!
You already said it, go JW Speaker and just get them as you can afford them.
Old 12-18-2016, 05:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

$109 on amazon. Terrific. Can't imagine anything being better bang for the buck. Had options with halos.

Only reason I can imagine someone feeling like the JWS is that much better is because they spent the money and need to justify it.

Great cutoff super bright and clean looking.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2652832825.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	135.2 KB
ID:	663082  
Old 12-19-2016, 03:41 PM
JK Newbie

Won't you need a flicker harness?? I'm on my third set of headlights from Amazon this month, all the canbus modules they send are junk and can't find and truck lite modules
Old 12-19-2016, 04:33 PM
JK Newbie

The ones I'm looking at from light worx have an anti flicker harness that you can buy for 30 bucks
Old 12-19-2016, 09:06 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Kreigk9
Check out our site. We have the JW Speakers available as well as Diode Dynamics, which are less money then the JW Speaker and awesome quality (I like the look of the Diode Dynamics lights as well, DOT approved even).

You can also go with an LED Headlight Conversion kit, which is our specialty. We have a kit that DOES NOT blind oncoming drivers and gives you a decent cut-off. But you can't go wrong with putting a whole new set of lights in as the JK lights on the trucks just suck.
Old 12-20-2016, 03:28 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the Cibie lamps with an SMS harness and upgraded bulbs. Old school incandescents still get it done!

Last edited by arjeeper; 12-20-2016 at 07:43 PM.
Old 12-20-2016, 05:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just installed mine from inspired engineering and damn do they make a difference. Pretty easy install and with there deal going on right now you can't beat it. I wired it up with the amber turn signal and white halos just like in the pics on their site. Here is a pic from the freeway last night.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20161220_060155.png
Views:	149
Size:	358.3 KB
ID:	663167

Quick Reply: Headlights