Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

HELP! I just bought a 2016 radio off Craigslist. Will it fit a 2008?

Old 08-03-2016, 03:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd try and connect it before you attempt to modify any part of your dash to make it fit. There's also no guarantee it's a high-speed unit. That part number does not correspond with fitment in any Wrangler, but that might just be because of the physical mounting locations.

Likewise, I don't think the RBZ was ever originally offered in the Wrangler. It was only the RER until 2010, then the RHB or RHR from 2011 until today.
Old 08-04-2016, 04:30 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ShutterBug
He lied. Possibly a stolen radio. Definitely not out of a wrangler. The lower mounting tabs will interfere with the dash facia. I bought a similar radio off CL that the previous owner did the same thing. But he actually got installed in his JK. So I gave it a go and kept it. I got mine to mostly work. The only thing that no longer works is the USB in the center console. You'll likely need a security code, as was mentioned, but it's only a 4 digit code. I paid some web site $5 for my code because I didn't want to sit there trying code after code and I couldn't find any sources that were free.
THIS!!!

I am almost certain it's stolen. Too many red flags: Craigslist, price too good to be true, no code, not from the model the seller says its from.

I would recommend to the OP to just walk away. Not worth it.
Old 08-04-2016, 03:32 PM
JK Freak

The radio tag on it says Chrysler Corporation, have not been Chrysler Corporation for a while. Daimler Chrysler, then Chrysler LLC, Chrysler Group LLC, and Fiat Chrysler Automobiles
Old 09-24-2016, 02:16 PM
JK Newbie

Hello, What site did you go to to get code? I'm also upgrading my 2008 with a 2016 wrangler RBZ mygig.

Quick Reply: HELP! I just bought a 2016 radio off Craigslist. Will it fit a 2008?