Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Help Now Please!!!

Old 07-23-2014, 08:38 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help Now Please!!!

I'm replacing my speakers in my 2013 and need two know which color is positive & negative? My front right speaker has a red wire and a green/red wire. I have been looking for 20 minutes on here and can't find anything that matches my colors. I have the standard radio.
Thanks for your help!!
Old 07-23-2014, 08:50 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If it's a solid red than that should be your positive. Either way, you won't hurt anything by having them crossed. I have done it numerous times, just won't work usually haha.
Old 07-23-2014, 09:33 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Rambo_Commando
If it's a solid red than that should be your positive. Either way, you won't hurt anything by having them crossed. I have done it numerous times, just won't work usually haha.
Staying out of this
Old 07-24-2014, 01:39 AM
JK Freak

red positive black negative, anything else call the manufacturer and tell them they are morons for using the wrong colors.
Old 07-24-2014, 06:53 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here you go:

Left Front Speaker (+/-) gray/purple - gray/yellow +,- radio, gray 22 pin plug, pins 21 and 22
On models with amplifier, the speaker wires are gray/purple - gray/yellow at the amplifier under driver dash, black 16 pin plug, pins 8 and 16. The tweeter wires are gray/orange - gray/yellow at the amplifier, white 22 pin plug, pins 20 and 9.
Right Front Speaker (+/-) dk. green/purple - dk. green/yellow +,- radio, gray 22 pin plug, pins 19 and 20
On models with amplifier, the speaker wires are dk. green/purple - dk. green/yellow at the amplifier under driver dash, black 16 pin plug, pins 7 and 15. The tweeter wires are gray/dk. green - gray/lt. green at the amplifier, white 22 pin plug, pins 19 and 8.
Left Rear Speaker (+/-) gray/lt. green - gray/dk. green +,- radio, gray 22 pin plug, pins 8 and 9
On models with amplifier, the speaker wires are gray/lt. green - gray/dk. green at the amplifier under driver dash, black 16 pin plug, pins 13 and 5.
Right Rear Speaker (+/-) dk. green/lt. green - dk. green/gray +,- radio, gray 22 pin plug, pins 10 and 11
On models with amplifier, the speaker wires are dk. green/lt. green - dk. green/gray at the amplifier under driver dash, black 16 pin plug, pins 4 and 12.
Subwoofer (+/-) gry/brn - dk grn/brn (1); gry/wht - dk grn/wht (2) +,- amplifier under driver dash, blk 16 pin plug, pins 14 and 6; 3 and 11

Quick Reply: Help Now Please!!!