Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

HID headlights

Old 01-29-2014, 11:46 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bombout800
You need to adjust one of your lights. Your cut off on one light is angled. Seems like you have some bowing of one shield as well. Mini h1?
Your gonna have the angle in some projectors. He has it lined up right. It cuts the light a little lower on the driver side to help keep from blinding oncoming traffic. The projectors I got for my civic did the same thing.
Old 01-30-2014, 07:27 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You need to adjust one of your lights. Your cut off on one light is angled. Seems like you have some bowing of one shield as well. Mini h1?
nah. I was turning under an overpass as I took the shot. The light beam was hitting the wall from about a 45 degree angle. And the sharp zigzag look is the cut off for the LHD shield.
Old 01-30-2014, 07:32 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was in the same boat as you because I was just going to buy led headlights but I wanted to keep my oracle halos, so I went with the rebel offroad hell fire hid kit and it works perfectly and the ballast were high quality metal instead of the cheap plastic.
Old 01-30-2014, 10:12 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Collyn
nah. I was turning under an overpass as I took the shot. The light beam was hitting the wall from about a 45 degree angle. And the sharp zigzag look is the cut off for the LHD shield.
I know what the step is. The concrete wall it's shining on must have a bend or something in it. It appeared to have a slight bow In one of the projectors output.
Old 01-30-2014, 10:14 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by vegetto109
Please elaborate!!! Pix please
I just saw this. Glad you pmed me. Here is the pic of his jeep
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3880474872.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	527741  
Old 01-31-2014, 06:40 AM
JK Freak

I know what the step is. The concrete wall it's shining on must have a bend or something in it. It appeared to have a slight bow In one of the projectors output.
The retaining wall is curved. Also, this was a screen capture from a video. The jeep was also leaning a little since I was turning. The light is really pretty even and the cut off lines are really pretty good when viewed facing a side of a building. I know the lights are good. I just bought my wife a 2013 Lexus. The jeep HIDs are actually slightly better than her brand new factory HIDs. Similar cut off lines. Hers has much more side light ( aiming to the ditch on both sides), but useable light on the road in front of the vehicle is much better with the aftermarket set on the Jeep. The factory Lexus ballasts are better than mine. Hers fire up and warm up almost instantly. Mine pop on then take about 10 seconds to reach full temp.
Old 01-31-2014, 12:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Popular Mechanics did a review of all auto headlamps (beginning with gas lamps) and they said aftermarket HID lamps in stock headlights are illegal and most of the time a disaster.

Something to look forward to...Audi announced laser headlights in their A6. I'm going out and buying a couple of green laser pointers and mounting them in my headlights. Wonder if they'll work on 12V? Will look great with Gecko green.
Old 02-01-2014, 05:12 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by mikekeeper
Popular Mechanics did a review of all auto headlamps (beginning with gas lamps) and they said aftermarket HID lamps in stock headlights are illegal and most of the time a disaster. Something to look forward to...Audi announced laser headlights in their A6. I'm going out and buying a couple of green laser pointers and mounting them in my headlights. Wonder if they'll work on 12V? Will look great with Gecko green.
That is true. That is exactly why the projectors are fitted into the housing. The projector is LEGAL. it is no longer a bulb radiating wildly in a stock halogen housing. The factory halogen housing is modified into a cosmetic adapter to fit the DOT legal projector into the stock location of the Jeep.
Old 02-07-2014, 03:12 PM
JK Newbie

Default hid from theledsource.net

i got mine because they had a special i saw on instagram . i puchased a simple hi-low kit and foglight kit at 50%off. had issues flickering and fogs only lit up for 5 seconds and turned off. called and spoke with Chris very helpfull and apologetic he told me jeeps, dodge, chrysler where all a pain in the butt. he then proceed to explain that i needed extra parts being (pair of capacitors for low beam, 1 resistor for high beam, and a relay harness for foglights). he said he would take care of me with free shipping due to the inconvenience. and since then they are the best thing i spent my money on, no issues at all

Last edited by k0260; 02-07-2014 at 06:44 PM. Reason: non sponsor link ad
Old 04-16-2014, 11:28 AM
JK Newbie

Hey guys, I have some questions.
1. Whats the reason that all the HID kits come with new headlight housings?
2. Has anyone tried out the "hellfire 6000k HID kit" yet? They seem To be the only set that work with the OEM housing and come with a metal ballast as opposed to plastic.
3. What the most reliable hid kit? (Without breaking the bank too badly)

Thanks for all your help guys

Quick Reply: HID headlights