Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

How did you fill you SPOD!

Old 06-30-2015, 03:29 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by ameise2015
Why would you upgrade to the sPod SE when there are better products on the market? I just installed the Switch-Pros panel systems and its much better than the Spod system. The switch-pros panel has built in Bluetooth and it can handle 8 inputs.
It does have some very nice features, but can the SwitchPro system be made to look factory, or is it a generic device for all vehicle models? My sPOD looks factory, right down to laser-etched switch labels that are backlit and controlled with the dash light dimmer. In reality, I hope competition continues to goad both companies to improve their products. We are the beneficiaries.
Old 06-30-2015, 04:32 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
laser-etched switch labels that are backlit and controlled with the dash light dimmer.
So what switches did you use and do you have a write up on how to hook it up the the dimmer?
Old 07-01-2015, 03:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by david217
So what switches did you use and do you have a write up on how to hook it up the the dimmer?
Most likely he has the OTRATTW switches, you can choose different top and bottom light color and which one is independently lit. You splice into the Orange wire with gray stripe that should be behind the dash (not exactly sure where yet, I am in the process of doing this myself) and run that power for your independent circuit.
Old 07-01-2015, 04:52 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by david217
Originally Posted by MDRoots
Most likely he has the OTRATTW switches, you can choose different top and bottom light color and which one is independently lit. You splice into the Orange wire with gray stripe that should be behind the dash (not exactly sure where yet, I am in the process of doing this myself) and run that power for your independent circuit.
This might help...

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-e...lights-311176/

If you confirm a year that is not already confirmed in that thread please reply in that thread so I can update the first post. Thanks.
Old 07-01-2015, 05:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Drivers A Pillar:
1 - Roof Rack Lights
2 - Front Locker
3 - Rear Locker
4 - Rock Lights

Passenger A Pillar:
1 - Zombie Lights (camping flood lights)
2 - Air Compressor
3 - Power Invertor
4 - Aux Battery (momentary switch)

Last edited by KevinMac; 07-01-2015 at 05:56 AM.
Old 07-01-2015, 06:53 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The sPOD se has blue tooth capability and can be daisy chained up to 5 units should there be a need

GenRight.com
Old 07-01-2015, 08:12 AM
JK Newbie

I agree that the Spod has Bluetooth capability, but the Switch-pro unit comes integrated within the unit and doesn't need to be purchased separately.
Old 07-01-2015, 10:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
It does have some very nice features, but can the SwitchPro system be made to look factory, or is it a generic device for all vehicle models? My sPOD looks factory, right down to laser-etched switch labels that are backlit and controlled with the dash light dimmer. In reality, I hope competition continues to goad both companies to improve their products. We are the beneficiaries.
I agree, if the switchpro had as much curb appeal as the sPOD I'd be sold. The switch pad just looks odd and there isn't any perfect place to mount it that I've seen.
Old 07-03-2015, 07:26 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JCDriller
I agree, if the switchpro had as much curb appeal as the sPOD I'd be sold. The switch pad just looks odd and there isn't any perfect place to mount it that I've seen.
You nailed it. It's all about the aesthetics. Form and function!
Old 07-05-2015, 12:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by templer
Has anyone wired their arb fridge to their spod? I have a extra slot. Was gonna do a power inverter maybe but thinking of a fridge now for camping.

I hard wired my ARB fridge strait to the battery. When it's in the jeep, it's plugged in with constant power. No need for a switch to turn on and off.

Quick Reply: How did you fill you SPOD!