Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

How do I get rid of the airbag light on my dash?

Old 05-20-2015, 05:47 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

JKCOS has successfully installed this jumper and has some run time without issue. I have not yet tried, still waiting to purchase aftermarket seats.
Old 05-20-2015, 09:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

I measured the resistance in my 2011 2 dr and had to use 2.2 ohm resistors. I have had them installed for over a year with no issues.
Old 06-09-2015, 06:49 AM
JK Newbie

Here's the business end of the connector that is attached to the vehicle. This connector is now completely unused (I keep it bagged and zip tied out of the way) since I removed the passenger seat altogether.

My seat did not have the side air bags. Nevertheless, the red air bag light on the dash is illuminated all the time.

I'm pretty sure I just need to jumper (or install a resistor across) somewhere, but where?

I'm guessing this connector is different than the one discussed earlier in the thread. Maybe I just need to create a new thread and see if anyone can help with my problem!?!?

Old 07-31-2015, 06:57 PM
-

I removed my factory seats with side airbags and was able to overcome the airbag light by measuring the resistance of the airbags (2.3 ohms) and purchased the correct resistors from eBay. I then soldered them onto the wiring harness from the old airbags and they are now plug 'n play. Problem solved... no more airbag light as the system still reads the resistance as if airbags were present in the seats. My Jeep is a 2007 JKU. Make sure you zip tie the resistors to the wire loom for stability. Total cost, under $15.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0001.jpg
Views:	9465
Size:	545.4 KB
ID:	619958  
Old 06-14-2022, 06:11 PM
JK Newbie

Default I’m not understanding please send pictures/explain

Please send pictures
Originally Posted by JKCOS
I went to another dealership today and of course they had no ideas for me to bypass the seat airbags. I stopped by Radio Shack and picked up a pack of 10.0 Ohm . 1/4 watt carbon film resistors. I think the price was $1.49 for a pack of 5, I had to buy 2 packs because for this mod you need 3 resistors for the drivers side and 3 resistors for the passenger side. I disconnected the Neg on my battery and waited 15-20 minutes for the power to drain. I twisted the three resistors together and pushed one end into the female portion of the airbag connector on the passenger side, then I bent the resistor forming a U shape and pushed the other end into the remaining slot in the airbag connector. I repeated these steps for the drivers side then reconnected the Neg on the battery. I started the Jeep and no more airbag light, I then went back with electrical tape and secured the resistors in place. I then tucked them into a spot under the carpet to keep them from moving around. I have started and driven the Jeep several times tonight, and so far no light has come back on. If anyone is interested in this process or doesn't understand it let me know? I can add pictures of what I did to include my new mastercraft Baja RS front seats and my new back bucket seats which where my original front seats.
Old 06-15-2022, 02:03 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by jjsnappy2001
Please send pictures
You're responding to an eight year old post, and to an individual whose last time to sign in was six months ago. Suggest that either you try to contact him by sending him a message through the forum (he should receive an e-mail that you're messaged him), or by looking further down the thread and see if a later post (one that does have a picture) would provide you with the info that you can use. Good luck!
Old 07-11-2022, 01:44 PM
JK Newbie

I realize this is an old post but it is a current problem. I have a 2007 JK 2DR and replaced my front seats with Corbeau Moabs seats and brackets. I am still using the OEM seatbelts for now but the Passenger SRS light is on because there aren't any connections for that. After several days of digging, I came across this post and saw the pic of the resistor and connector. I went hunting for that exact resistor and cannot find it anywhwere. However, during my most recent searching, I came across this (linked below) pre-fabbed by pass resistor specifically for Jeeps of many model years on eBay. I just order a some and will update this post with the results. Hopefully it works and if so it may help others who come after me with the same issue.

JEEP Compatible SRS Airbag Simulator - Resistor - Bypass Kit - EMULATOR TOOL
Old 09-02-2022, 09:36 PM
JK Newbie

Can you send me pictures? I have the same thing and the airbag light drives my nuts.

Originally Posted by JKCOS
I went to another dealership today and of course they had no ideas for me to bypass the seat airbags. I stopped by Radio Shack and picked up a pack of 10.0 Ohm . 1/4 watt carbon film resistors. I think the price was $1.49 for a pack of 5, I had to buy 2 packs because for this mod you need 3 resistors for the drivers side and 3 resistors for the passenger side. I disconnected the Neg on my battery and waited 15-20 minutes for the power to drain. I twisted the three resistors together and pushed one end into the female portion of the airbag connector on the passenger side, then I bent the resistor forming a U shape and pushed the other end into the remaining slot in the airbag connector. I repeated these steps for the drivers side then reconnected the Neg on the battery. I started the Jeep and no more airbag light, I then went back with electrical tape and secured the resistors in place. I then tucked them into a spot under the carpet to keep them from moving around. I have started and driven the Jeep several times tonight, and so far no light has come back on. If anyone is interested in this process or doesn't understand it let me know? I can add pictures of what I did to include my new mastercraft Baja RS front seats and my new back bucket seats which where my original front seats.
Old 04-03-2024, 09:24 AM
JK Newbie

Default Airbag light

Any chance you got an answer to the airbag light. I just replaced my stock seats 2007 JKU.
i took out the passenger side sensors and seat belt sensor. Bought a jumper but not sure where to put it.
In the pictures the guy looked like he put it on the seat belt sensor. He didn't say what he did with the weight sensor that detects if somebody is in the seat.

If anyone has insight that be great. Here is what I got.

QUOTE=RBrogen;4395107]I realize this is an old post but it is a current problem. I have a 2007 JK 2DR and replaced my front seats with Corbeau Moabs seats and brackets. I am still using the OEM seatbelts for now but the Passenger SRS light is on because there aren't any connections for that. After several days of digging, I came across this post and saw the pic of the resistor and connector. I went hunting for that exact resistor and cannot find it anywhwere. However, during my most recent searching, I came across this (linked below) pre-fabbed by pass resistor specifically for Jeeps of many model years on eBay. I just order a some and will update this post with the results. Hopefully it works and if so it may help others who come after me with the same issue.

JEEP Compatible SRS Airbag Simulator - Resistor - Bypass Kit - EMULATOR TOOL[/QUOTE]
Old 04-03-2024, 12:19 PM
Super Moderator

Received 355 Likes on 331 Posts

Welcome to the Forum.

Quick Reply: How do I get rid of the airbag light on my dash?