Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

IMO: The most cost effective and functional lighting upgrade for a JK

Old 04-08-2016, 05:31 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default IMO: The most cost effective and functional lighting upgrade for a JK

About a week ago I installed Rigid Industries Sae Fog light kit. This kit simply kicks ass. The light is bright , very usable and is a simple install to use with your factory fog switch.

Today they are onsale at Amazon for $209. Plus you need the Jk Fog Bracket for $53
For around $260 you can't beat the value for the performance.

Link for lights
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00Q1R...=rugid+sae+fog

Link for brackets
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B009X2...s=jk+rigid+fog

Link I used for wiring the included harness to work with the factory switch (no flicker and works like factory) Not the same kit but the hookups are the same.
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-w...-relay-289683/

Link for review on the sae fog kit with pictures

SAE/DOT Compliant Rigid Fogs Installed - Jeep Wrangler Forum

If you have not done any lighting upgrades this is a cost effective , simple and legal way to get more usable light on the road for a reasonable amount of money.

I could not be happier and I figured I would share.
Old 04-08-2016, 07:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I saw the same deal couple days ago and picked up a set. Did you use the same wiring harness shipped in the box to hook up to the existing switch?
Old 04-08-2016, 12:22 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by renzo1200
I saw the same deal couple days ago and picked up a set. Did you use the same wiring harness shipped in the box to hook up to the existing switch?
I used the Rigid Harness that came with the lights and hooked it up to the factory switch.
Works perfectly. I know you won't be disappointed with them.

Just check out the 3rd link in my post to see how to wire it. The only thing I did differently from that guy is that I mounted the relay on the passenger side firewall and extended the blue and black wires so they reach the fog light socket. I used wire taps to clip onto the factory wires and then encased the taps in one of the thick plastic bags that was included in the box.
Old 04-16-2016, 10:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those links really helped, thanks for posting. I used the supplied harness and everything went smoothly. Lights are dope!
Old 04-20-2016, 05:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Pics

Can you throw up some night shots?
Old 04-25-2016, 01:38 AM
JK Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

On the wf post the light coming from them have very blue edges around them. Not liking that, but the beam looks good. I would get them in yellow and I think they would be really good. Good job Rigid.

Quick Reply: IMO: The most cost effective and functional lighting upgrade for a JK