Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Increase Spoken Audio Volume/Quality?

Old 04-20-2016, 08:48 PM
btz
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So traveling for work I listen to mostly spoken audio (audible, podcasts, etc). Problem is with top off hard to hear at times! Right now is full doors in front and half doors in back so can hear certain audio sources, but half doors on front and can't hear anything on the highway.

I currently connect iPhone to deck with audio cable and have infinity upgraded audio. Jeep is 09.

First question is will kicker speaker upgrade do anything to help? Or is this more of a head unit upgrade need?

I'm all for better quality sound, but for me the pressing issue is actually volume.

Thanks for any help!
Old 04-21-2016, 03:01 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Try increasing the treble and reducing the bass😎
Old 04-21-2016, 03:45 AM
Super Moderator

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

If the audio source is an iPod or smart phone try turning up the volume on the output.
Old 04-21-2016, 05:26 AM
JK Newbie

Just did this mod last weekend and added a little Polyfil. Can't believe the difference it made. I got the capacitors off of Amazon. Below are the links to the directions and capacitors.

Stock Tweeter Mod - CHEAP - Jeep Wrangler Forum

http://www.amazon.com/CAPACITOR-POLA...100v+capacitor
Old 04-21-2016, 06:18 AM
btz
JK Newbie

Thanks. Bass is all the way down and treble up, and yes phone volume is all the way up too.

More then loud enough around the corner to the store, but hours on the highway is different, especially with half doors or doors off!

Thanks for the mod, might have to try. Had been looking at upgrading the speakers but most comments are around sound quality not volume. All for better quality for when I have music on, but also need a volume increase!

Last edited by btz; 04-21-2016 at 06:32 AM.

Quick Reply: Increase Spoken Audio Volume/Quality?