Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Installed KC LED Headlights - Need some advise

Old 10-21-2014, 11:09 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installed KC LED Headlights - Need some advice

So I ended up installing the KC LED headlights (KC#42321) last night. I took a before and after pic of low beam and high beam (compared with stock). The low beam on the KC’s does not look like an even pattern, It’s a little scattered. I stood in front of each side to block the light so I could see the output and each side had the same pattern. Also, when removing the 2nd KC light from the bubble wrap, I saw a 2 inch scratch in the middle of the lens next to the KC logo (attached picture). I was also inspecting them and the assembly looks really messy in regards to when the lens was glued to the housing. At least that’s what it looks like to me. It looks like the lens was glued to the housing and the glue is smeared on the inside of the outer edges of it (attached picture). Please take a look at these pictures and let me know what you guys think. I may want to return these lights. Maybe this set is a fluke and I just need a replacement. Am I being too picky on the light pattern? Do you think they need to be adjusted (like I said, I blocked each light one at a time and they both kept the same pattern)?

About 50’ from wall. Stock Headlights (low beam) vs KC LED Headlights (low beam) (Look how the light pattern for the KC is projected up to the left and out to the right)

About 50’ from wall. Stock Headlights (high beam) vs KC Headlight (high beam)

Scratched Lens

Glue on lens, between lens and housing

Last edited by pyr1t; 10-21-2014 at 11:15 AM.
Old 10-21-2014, 08:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

If the scratch bugs you I guess you have the option to return?
As far as issues with the lights go, KC will make it right.

In my opinion you need to get the extra set of screws and adjust them both side to side and up and down. Mine were way out compared to stock lights.
Check out this thread for info. https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-e...8/#post3832638

You will love them once you get them dialed in. They take a while to get used to. The first time you click them on and squint from the reflection of a road sign you will know what I am saying.
Old 10-22-2014, 06:03 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Tree Frog
If the scratch bugs you I guess you have the option to return?
As far as issues with the lights go, KC will make it right.

In my opinion you need to get the extra set of screws and adjust them both side to side and up and down. Mine were way out compared to stock lights.
Check out this thread for info. https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-e...8/#post3832638

You will love them once you get them dialed in. They take a while to get used to. The first time you click them on and squint from the reflection of a road sign you will know what I am saying.
So you have the KC's? Did yours have the smeared glue around the top/sides of the lens (like in my picture)?
Old 10-23-2014, 07:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-e...s-them-312309/

Please check this thread.

Quick Reply: Installed KC LED Headlights - Need some advise