Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Installed an RBZ Mygig in my 2012 JKU

Old 12-10-2011, 05:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by flammableliquid
I got my RHB (same as the RBZ but with the nav) from a 2011 Dodge Caravan. The boot logo will fix itself after a few power cycles. It reads the VIN number of the vehicle its in and knows what to display from that
That would be great. I just did the install yesterday. Hopefully it will update without any additional software changes.

Which version of Gracenotes do you have? I can't find an update file for this radio anywhere.
Old 12-10-2011, 07:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice writeup! thanks for posting that up. Now all I need to do is find one for about $1k and I'm set.

where did you guys find your NAV units? EBay has some that are used and cheaper with a warranty, lockpic, etc. wondering if I should go that route vs almost 2K from the dealer.
Old 12-10-2011, 10:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

keep your eyes open, it may take a little time, but you will find one for well under 1K! Don't pay dealer cost of 2k unless you have a lot of $$ you don't knw what to do with.
Old 12-11-2011, 03:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Like SB2008 said, just keep looking. Mine is a non nav touch screen, but I paid a fraction of what the dealer wants.
Old 12-11-2011, 05:26 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ngiovas

That would be great. I just did the install yesterday. Hopefully it will update without any additional software changes.

Which version of Gracenotes do you have? I can't find an update file for this radio anywhere.
If I remember correctly they have not done a gracenotes update on these yet. They do have one available to enable the Sirius travel link feature though. I've seen the link in the forums here before. If you can't find it shoot me a pm and ill get you the files when I get home tonight.
Old 12-11-2011, 08:23 PM
JK Newbie

The logo should change on its own in time. Thats the way others have done. Looks great!!
Old 12-22-2011, 07:35 AM
JK Newbie

I did the same thing when I picked up my '12 JKU at the beginning of November. However, my splash screen still displays the Chrysler logo a good month and a half after installing the RBZ. Is there anything I can do to "help" the unit see that it's now in a Jeep?
Old 12-22-2011, 09:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pastis
I did the same thing when I picked up my '12 JKU at the beginning of November. However, my splash screen still displays the Chrysler logo a good month and a half after installing the RBZ. Is there anything I can do to "help" the unit see that it's now in a Jeep?
After speaking with a few other people, I don't believe that the splash screen on the RBZ will change itself like it does on other radios. I was told by another person who swapped in an RBZ that they went to the dealer and had them associate the VIN with the radio and the logo changed. I haven't called to check on this yet, but he mentioned that it was only around $20 to have it done.
Old 01-13-2012, 03:34 PM
JK Newbie

Default Jeep splash screen

I just put in a used RBZ, same problem with the splash screen (still has Uconnect Chrysler Logo at startup). The guy I bought it from (OEM Autoparts) assured me it would change, but no luck yet... I've tried updates, disconnecting the battery cable for 20 min., etc.,,, Has anyone had any luck with this?
Old 01-13-2012, 06:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

From the research I have done, it appears that the RBZ radio will NOT change the splash screen on its own like the others do. I have heard from a couple of people who have told me that they had the dealer associate their radio with their VIN and the splash screen changed. I just received an email from Sirius and it shows my vehicle as a "Chrysler Town and Country". I am going to call a couple of dealers next week to see if they will reprogram it for me. If I remember correctly, one of the people who had it done said it was around $20 to have it changed at the dealer.

Quick Reply: Installed an RBZ Mygig in my 2012 JKU