Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

IPF968 light issues

Old 07-23-2014, 07:27 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IPF968 light issues

Hey, im having troubble getting the new lights to work. I have them setup exactly the same as my pias's but they dont seem to like it. They are hooked up bypassing the highbeam (again just like my pias's). Is anyone running these that might have some input as to what my problem is?

The bulbs themselves are fine, i can get them to light up bypassing the switch with alligator clips but it just seems like theres no return power coming from the switch. This is also the second switch ive tried.
Old 07-29-2014, 07:16 PM
JK Freak

I take it you are trying to wire them so they turn on when you flip on your brights? I'm guessing the CANBUS system does not like the extra 55watts [or 100watts if you're using the extra bulbs] and is stopping power.
Old 07-29-2014, 07:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

We need a little more info ?-- use a test-light or volt meter to fallow the voltage ?
?? is the switch lit -if thats wrong the lights wont light ??

Last edited by tazzdogsocal; 07-29-2014 at 08:02 PM.
Old 08-06-2014, 09:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just wired mine up a couple weeks ago. I didn't want them running to the high beams as I plan on getting red filters and using them for night hunting. You need to make sure there are 2? I think it's 2 positives to actuate the relay. Also you must have the switch turned on when you turn your brights on. Try running that long yellow wire directly over to the battery's + side. If that lights up the LEDs on the switch and actuates the relay, you're not getting any potential from your highbeams. If none of that works, check the inline fuses with a voltmeter. If not any of those its probably the relay or switch itself.

Quick Reply: IPF968 light issues