Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

iPhone 6s and iOS 9.1

Old 11-14-2015, 09:37 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default iPhone 6s and iOS 9.1

Anyone out there with uconnect 130 system and iPhone 6s w/ ios 9.1 able to pair device?

How often/delay do the head units catch up with mobile providers?
Old 11-17-2015, 06:26 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by dwr80
Anyone out there with uconnect 130 system and iPhone 6s w/ ios 9.1 able to pair device?

How often/delay do the head units catch up with mobile providers?
Can't comment as to how quickly the technology catches up, but I have an iPhone 6s with a uconnect 130 system and it works flawlessly. No issues with connecting to BT or streaming audio over BT or the hardwired connection.
Old 11-17-2015, 01:19 PM
JK Newbie

do anyting different? i can get phone calls to work thru uconnect but the sms used to catch an incoming text. that still works for you?

Originally Posted by Leimba85
Can't comment as to how quickly the technology catches up, but I have an iPhone 6s with a uconnect 130 system and it works flawlessly. No issues with connecting to BT or streaming audio over BT or the hardwired connection.
Old 11-19-2015, 07:17 AM
JK Newbie

As far as I know, iPhone's use a system that doe not work with uconnect's text messaging feature. I have never had that function working and don't get a tone over the speakers when I do get a message unless I am streaming music. I use siri for my hands free messaging and am fairly certain iPhone's will never be compatible, at least in the near future, with uconnect's messaging feature. It will only work for bluetooth calling, streaming, and hardwired streaming. I think siri works better and is more convenient anyway, as she reads the messages over bluetooth as if a call is being made, but only when you activate siri through "hey siri" or holding down the home button ont he phone.

Quick Reply: iPhone 6s and iOS 9.1