Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

JK 2007 Remote Start

Old 11-24-2014, 07:57 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JK 2007 Remote Start

Hi, I have been sifting thru the forum looking for my specific question and just not finding it. I have a 2007 JK with very few upgrades, except the cruise control which I was able to install myself. I want to put in a 2-way remote start and just want to know if anyone has gone thru the process yet. I've checked around town and "professionals" want around $600 for install. Anybody know of a solid DIY remote start that comes with directions even a child could understand?

Thanks, KT in Fargo ND
Old 11-24-2014, 08:05 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Vavaamp
Hi, I have been sifting thru the forum looking for my specific question and just not finding it. I have a 2007 JK with very few upgrades, except the cruise control which I was able to install myself. I want to put in a 2-way remote start and just want to know if anyone has gone thru the process yet. I've checked around town and "professionals" want around $600 for install. Anybody know of a solid DIY remote start that comes with directions even a child could understand?

Thanks, KT in Fargo ND
For the good 2 way ones you want someone that knows what they are doing to install it it's not an easy process and it takes about half a day with a good installer. Most of the time that $600 price includes the equipment also. Viper is one of the best. Actually is that $600 just for remote start or is it remote start and alarm. If going 2 way you might as well go remote start and alarm combo. Much better than factory alarm. Alerts your key chain when someone breaks in and some of them have about a mile range almost.
Old 11-24-2014, 08:10 PM
JK Newbie

Default Viper

Originally Posted by DunnyBunny
For the good 2 way ones you want someone that knows what they are doing to install it it's not an easy process and it takes about half a day with a good installer. Most of the time that $600 price includes the equipment also. Viper is one of the best. Actually is that $600 just for remote start or is it remote start and alarm. If going 2 way you might as well go remote start and alarm combo. Much better than factory alarm. Alerts your key chain when someone breaks in and some of them have about a mile range almost.
It was 600 for the install and 2-way remote start.

Thanks
Old 11-25-2014, 04:57 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Vavaamp

It was 600 for the install and 2-way remote start.

Thanks
Damn that seems high. Do you have a best buy close? Their prices posted if I remember correctly are parts and labor. Might have a bypass and install which is extra but that's to be expected.
Old 11-25-2014, 06:23 AM
JK Junkie

Check this out. Very good system and you get a better security. Otherwise just for remote start your looking at less than $300 for remote start and installation.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/viper-re...d=abcat0304000

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/viper-re...d=abcat0304000
Old 12-14-2014, 11:54 AM
JK Newbie

I put this in my daughters 2007 JK. Piece of cake and works great. Tell them what vehicle and they will program it. No dealership visit needed.
Robot Check

Matt
Old 12-14-2014, 03:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Inhave the viper smart start. No key fob, use an app on my phone for everything. Some ppl dont like it but i personally love it and it works every single time

Quick Reply: JK 2007 Remote Start