Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

JK Headlights not getting enough voltage

Old 11-10-2016, 04:41 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by scalpel_shredr
50w 6ohm resistors...is that overkill?
No. that is what a lot of people myself included use to trick the control module into working properly.
Old 11-14-2016, 05:40 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jedg
Okay, I'm tracking now.

I built my harness. I use a Bussman fuse panel to run my fuses and relays. The only items not in the Bussman is the diodes and capacitor I used to get the flicker out.
Not to derail this, but which Bussmann panel did you use and where did you mount it? I am having difficulty finding a place to mount the box I purchased and need some ideas.
Old 11-14-2016, 05:44 AM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by _Jedi_
Not to derail this, but which Bussmann panel did you use and where did you mount it? I am having difficulty finding a place to mount the box I purchased and need some ideas.
I followed this as a guide.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-e...hookup-119415/

I can't provide a pic, but I had a 1/8" steel plate cut that made it so I could mount it between the battery and the TIPM.
Old 11-16-2016, 09:14 AM
JK Newbie

Well I tried the resistors today and still no luck. They fire up, flicker a few times on and off then stay off. I even used a relay harness with resistors and still get the same thing. Only way they will stay on is with the parking light wired into the relay harness to trigger the relay's.
Old 11-17-2016, 04:55 AM
JK Newbie

My LED headlights seem to be working fine with the antiflicker I bought off ebay. At first they flickered slightly without the harness. The only issue I have is that I put some LED fog light bulbs in and after I turn the jeep off I can see the fog lights faintly flickering for a few minutes after the jeep is off.
Old 11-17-2016, 08:02 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here's a pair of lifetimeled antiflicker harnesses I got for Christmas. They were wired to a set of nightsun4x4 75w Phillip led lights. The connector never clipped in with the oem plug either. Pure garbage.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-910196931.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	554.5 KB
ID:	661108  
Old 11-17-2016, 08:13 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Chuck-The-Ripper
Here's a pair of lifetimeled antiflicker harnesses I got for Christmas. They were wired to a set of nightsun4x4 75w Phillip led lights. The connector never clipped in with the oem plug either. Pure garbage.
Damn that's no bueno! I better check mine out.
Old 11-20-2016, 09:16 AM
JK Newbie

Does anybody have a pin out of the multi function switch where the outputs for the parking/low/high lights are? I am thinking of trying to bypass the TIPM all together, kinda wire it like my YJ is. I have an H4 harness in there now so it will have relay and fuse protection. Tried finding the input and output on the TIPM but could only find the outputs. I guess if anyone has pinouts for the TIPM that would work as well. Looking to make these led headlights work like they should without wiring in the parking light to the H4 harness.
Old 11-20-2016, 01:20 PM
JK Newbie

Or anybody have any other ideas on what I can do to get these led headlights to work the way they are supposed to? My last thing to try is the harness talked about earlier with capacitors and diodes along with the H4 harness. If not looks like Ill be powering my relays with the parking light signal. High beams still flicker on and off and eventually go out, but I have a light bar and other lights to compensate.
Old 11-26-2016, 01:57 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by shabbernigdo
No. that is what a lot of people myself included use to trick the control module into working properly.
Is there a certain brand or place that you guys are buying your resistor's? I bought a cheap set of 4 off of eBay and I think they may be my problem. I hooked everything up and was doing fine, with snap on scanner hooked up it was reading no codes in my TIPM. Seems like when the resistor's got really hot, that's when things went down hill. Light's starting doing the same things it always has and I was tripping codes again. Also doesn't help that the adapters's and error canceler's both have crappy connector's. I'm half tempted to take every connection out and solder the wires all together lol.

Quick Reply: JK Headlights not getting enough voltage