Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

JW Speaker J-Series installed

Old 08-13-2015, 02:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JW Speaker J-Series installed

I picked up a set of the new Jeep specific J-Series lights from JW Speaker. Headlights (8700) and the foglights (6145).

I have them installed and am super happy with them.

Thought i would share some pictures and a quick video for anyone that might be interested.

Feel free to ask any questions, I'll answer the best I can.

Video Link:
https://youtu.be/828KhXczqaw

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7323.jpg
Views:	1174
Size:	1.26 MB
ID:	621360 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7325.jpg
Views:	1148
Size:	1.45 MB
ID:	621361 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7328.jpg
Views:	980
Size:	1.20 MB
ID:	621362
Old 08-13-2015, 03:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Love those lights, will definitely be doing them myself at some stage, easy install?
Old 08-13-2015, 08:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nevillebartos
Love those lights, will definitely be doing them myself at some stage, easy install?
Headlights are very quick and easy plug and play. Fog lights do require splicing wires for the 2011 and newer. Depending on how comfortable you are with that, they do take a bit more work but are still an easy install.
Old 08-22-2015, 11:39 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by bad1chad
Headlights are very quick and easy plug and play. Fog lights do require splicing wires for the 2011 and newer. Depending on how comfortable you are with that, they do take a bit more work but are still an easy install.
Did you have any issues with your fog lights being dim when you turn them on after your headlights? For some reason mine are bright if I turn them on before the headlights but if I turn them on after the headlights are already running there is a quick flash then they go dim with a small flicker.
Old 08-23-2015, 11:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RubiconDrew
Did you have any issues with your fog lights being dim when you turn them on after your headlights? For some reason mine are bright if I turn them on before the headlights but if I turn them on after the headlights are already running there is a quick flash then they go dim with a small flicker.
Sorry I already replied to you on another thread before I saw this one. Yes I am having the exact same issue with my fog lights. JW Speaker is aware of my issue and I'm waiting to hear back from them. What year is your Jeep?
Old 08-25-2015, 03:31 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by bad1chad
Sorry I already replied to you on another thread before I saw this one. Yes I am having the exact same issue with my fog lights. JW Speaker is aware of my issue and I'm waiting to hear back from them. What year is your Jeep?
I responded to that one as well. 2013 is mine. I just got it back from 4 Wheel Parts and they said everything is set up right so it is just the new JW problem.
Old 08-24-2016, 04:35 AM
JK Newbie

Default Mine are flickering!

Originally Posted by RubiconDrew
I responded to that one as well. 2013 is mine. I just got it back from 4 Wheel Parts and they said everything is set up right so it is just the new JW problem.
I have a 2015 JKUR and just installed these. At first with a jumper harness to convert conectors so I dont have to cut the OEM harness. It flickers just enough to be annoying! I then removed the harness because that's the first thing JW pointed out (as I knew they would) and it STILL flickers!

I connected it straight to the battery terminals and they seem to be working fine...I am pretty upset as these where NOT cheap (as you guys know) and are supposed to be plug and play! I am still waiting on answers myself...

Hope JW makes these fogs as solid as their headlights!

Cheers,

Gary
Old 08-24-2016, 04:03 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does anyone high beam you btw? I've been holding off upgrading my headlights since I need to do other upgrades first but I might just pull the trigger on just the headlights first then later on the road maybe fog lights. Headlights are looking good btw
Old 08-24-2016, 05:53 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by SF_E60
Does anyone high beam you btw? I've been holding off upgrading my headlights since I need to do other upgrades first but I might just pull the trigger on just the headlights first then later on the road maybe fog lights. Headlights are looking good btw
no just aim them properly and you're good to go
Old 09-04-2016, 02:24 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by SF_E60
I've had my JW Speaker 8700 J SERIES installed for 3 weeks now and I'm extremely happy with light output and pattern. I opted to pair them with Morimoto XB fog lights Type M and I must say perfect combination. I have not had any issues with flickering or any lights being dim. I must say money well spent and no blinding oncoming traffic. I added the JW speaker 8900 tail lights too to complete my lighting upgrade.

Quick Reply: JW Speaker J-Series installed