Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

JW Speaker - quick question

Old 04-18-2016, 11:51 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JW Speaker - quick question

Hi fellow jeep owners,

I am currently working on doing a few mods to my jeep and headlights are definitely on my list. I went through a few write-ups on this forum that were very useful.

I came to the conclusion that the JW speaker 8700 evolution 2 are the best (although a little pricey). I read that many people are having issues with the lights flickering and the simple fix to these is to buy an anti flicker harness, except I am not too technical when it comes to modding. Can someone please explain which harness I would need? and are these simple to DIY?

Judging from the jwspeaker website these would be the harness's: http://www.jwspeaker.com/products/le...ion-2/8000311/

I understand that certain Jeep models do not require these. I have a 2013 Jeep Sahara 2DR and would really appreciate if someone could shed some light on these.

Additionally, where would be the best website to order these headlights from? (preferably a website that can sell the harness as well)

Kind regards,
ggee
Old 04-18-2016, 03:22 PM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

Yes, that is the harness you would need.

Do you need the harness, maybe. All the JKs use the CANBUS system on the headlamps. Some folks plug the head lamps in and don't get the flicker. Most have to use an anti-flicker adapter (myself included)

As for where to purchase them, RiverCityOffroad and NorthRidge4x4 are great. River City is a small shop, NorthRidge is a lager shop that still retains most of the small shop customer service.
Old 04-18-2016, 03:27 PM
Super Moderator

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

For an additional $18 you can upgrade to the JW Speaker Edition J which has the built in anti flicker module.

R/
Will
Old 04-19-2016, 10:59 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Canvas
For an additional $18 you can upgrade to the JW Speaker Edition J which has the built in anti flicker module.

R/
Will
Can't stand the half-angle eye look that come in the J version! but thanks for the info

Originally Posted by jedg
Yes, that is the harness you would need.

Do you need the harness, maybe. All the JKs use the CANBUS system on the headlamps. Some folks plug the head lamps in and don't get the flicker. Most have to use an anti-flicker adapter (myself included)

As for where to purchase them, RiverCityOffroad and NorthRidge4x4 are great. River City is a small shop, NorthRidge is a lager shop that still retains most of the small shop customer service.
Thanks for the help. When it comes to the harness there are a couple options:

Anti-Flicker Harness H4/H13; and
Anti-Flicker Harness H4/H4

Would you know which model I need specifically for the 2013 jeep?

Quick Reply: JW Speaker - quick question