Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

KC HiLiTES NEW 7" LED's competition

Old 05-23-2014, 01:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm definitely leaning towards the TL based on looks and even light distribution. The V's might annoy me but I doubt it.
Old 05-24-2014, 06:10 AM
JK Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

anyone who says they see the "x" while driving on a road either has their lights aimed down way to much, or are full of crap. either, or. I am very picky about my lights. I do not see any "x" while dirivng on a real road, only when pulling up behind someone or on my garage door when pulling into my driveway. the tl is a much better all round light for driving on roadways as the cut off does not blind other drivers, or kick light up into your face in fog, snow, rain etc. It keeps the light focused and precise in lighting the road.
Old 05-24-2014, 06:52 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Kojack
anyone who says they see the "x" while driving on a road either has their lights aimed down way to much, or are full of crap. either, or. I am very picky about my lights. I do not see any "x" while dirivng on a real road, only when pulling up behind someone or on my garage door when pulling into my driveway. the tl is a much better all round light for driving on roadways as the cut off does not blind other drivers, or kick light up into your face in fog, snow, rain etc. It keeps the light focused and precise in lighting the road.
My TLs are aimed as high as possible, just under the blinding level -- and I sometimes see the little 'V's on the asphalt.
It doesn't bother me at all, and is much better than the large hotspots, darkspots and un-eveness of other headlights.
Old 05-29-2014, 07:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm not sure I really like the TL's that I just installed. The white light seems to be really drowned out by street lights. I think I may just stick with the headlights and use my D2's and lightbar when needed. Am I the only one that doesn't really like the TL's??
Old 05-30-2014, 03:24 AM
JK Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Goto a dark road, once in the dark, they are miles ahead of the stock lights, I noticed this first but Then I noticed things to the sides of the road that I never with the stock lights. The color of the vapor street lights (amber/orange) color sort of masks the TLs, it does not mean they are not miles ahead of the stock lights, or other replacement units. Get to a dark road. They are impressive.
Old 05-30-2014, 04:33 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by DallasJKU
I'm not sure I really like the TL's that I just installed. The white light seems to be really drowned out by street lights. I think I may just stick with the headlights and use my D2's and lightbar when needed. Am I the only one that doesn't really like the TL's??
TL are closer to natural light and your eyes will play tricks on you because it picks up the yellow easier. Once you get away from the city it's crazy how much better they are than stock.
Old 05-30-2014, 06:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by White Ghost
TL are closer to natural light and your eyes will play tricks on you because it picks up the yellow easier. Once you get away from the city it's crazy how much better they are than stock.
I guess that is probably the reason. I may still get rid of them just because I rarely travel outside of the city in my Jeep. I didn't think the V's would bother me either, but they did. When I do go on some back roads my D2's and lightbar light up the road really well. Oh well, no big deal these things should be easy to sell.
Old 02-25-2015, 06:46 AM
JK Newbie

AutoAnything is running a 20% off sale until Feb 28th. Just picked up a pair of KC Hilites LEDs for my wife's 2015 JK. $420 shipped.

Quick Reply: KC HiLiTES NEW 7" LED's competition