Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

KC HiLiTES NEW 7" LED's competition

Old 01-26-2014, 06:56 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well like I said judging by the pics it just seems brighter in the middle as that's where the light is focused. Id like to see where the trucklites owner says that. And still haven't seen any actual hard numbers.
Old 01-26-2014, 08:14 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hard numbers
Old 01-26-2014, 08:19 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hola... It was my jeep lined up on the left running trucklites and rigids.. I've always been happy with my trucklites, the x and flicker has never bothered me.
The design of these headlights are almost identical, the noticeable difference is in the low beam reflector. Net result is a better spread and brighter light coming out of the KC.
If I didn't already have trucklites, I wouldn't hesitate to pick up a pair of the KCs
Old 01-26-2014, 08:32 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Nwapache
Hola... It was my jeep lined up on the left running trucklites and rigids.. I've always been happy with my trucklites, the x and flicker has never bothered me.
The design of these headlights are almost identical, the noticeable difference is in the low beam reflector. Net result is a better spread and brighter light coming out of the KC.
If I didn't already have trucklites, I wouldn't hesitate to pick up a pair of the KCs
In the photos you can see where the high beams are very similar too
Old 01-26-2014, 09:14 PM
JK Super Freak

I was there, in fact the IPF lights are mine, and the KC were definitely brighter than the Trucklites.
Old 01-26-2014, 10:03 PM
JK Super Freak

This pains me. I think I still might go with TL. KC killed it with the disco ball look and yellow emblem in the front.

Last edited by 4W-Jive; 01-26-2014 at 10:15 PM.
Old 02-01-2014, 05:08 PM
JK Junkie

Ok guys here are some pics from the drivers seat tonight. The photos behind Lexus look like I am really close but I just have camera zoomed in before light turned green. You will see in that photo that I have my lights angled down so I don't burn scalps and blind people from reflection from rear view (we've all been there)

Low Beams:

High Beams:

Old 02-02-2014, 07:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have truck-lites now. For some reason I just can't get past the "V" or "x" pattern the lights put out in front of the jeep. The lights are nice but I can't stand the V. I will be getting the KC's for that reason alone! Im glad they also seem to be more focused. The KC logo would be nice in black. Wonder if there is a way of painting it. Any access behing the housing? Can they be taken apart?
Old 02-02-2014, 07:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Great post! You guys did a real good job of comparison between the top contenders.
I was just about ready to pull the card out and buy a set of TL's when I saw this post. After seeing them compared to the KC's I will go that route instead.

However I do have a few questions, is the bright spot in the middle of your photos really that bright, or is it just the way the camera is filming it? It really does look super bright right in one area. I guess if you brought that up in adjustment and sent that down the road a ways then it may not be as bad. But yeah then you run the risk of giving a free tan to oncoming traffic.

Like the previous poster, I wonder can the lens be removed to black out that yellow KC logo?

By the way that 50 inch LED was about ready to get that building smoking. I did not realize they were that bright. Oh well one thing at a time.

Again good job.
Old 02-02-2014, 09:40 PM
JK Junkie

I wouldn't risk pulling the housing apart to paint that KC logo.. It's barely noticeable unless you are actually looking for it. As for the hot spot, yes there is one but mine is more due to angle I have mine. I still haven't had one person flash me including the multiple cops I see every time I drive at night

Quick Reply: KC HiLiTES NEW 7" LED's competition