Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Kc hilites off road lights

Old 03-27-2015, 09:41 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kc hilites off road lights

I know it's important not to lose the integrity of off-road lights, but is there anyway to tint them, plasti dip? Other options? Looking to black out everything

2012 JKU Altitude
Old 03-28-2015, 02:34 AM
JK Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Please don't and keep yourself and all around you safe. I hate the effing blacked out tail lights as they are unsafe and you cannot see them. Do not tint your lighting, 1. You degrade the performance of the lights, 2. It looks stupid.
Old 03-28-2015, 03:17 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Ksmit222
I know it's important not to lose the integrity of off-road lights, but is there anyway to tint them, plasti dip? Other options? Looking to black out everything

2012 JKU Altitude
I can understand that you want the blackout look.

However, you should not darken the display, because it will reduce visibility of your speed, or warning lights -- and those are safety elements.
For the same reason you should not darken the headlights, as they are a major safety element.
The same goes for any other light!

While a totally blackened out Jeep looks dull, the few lights around it accentuate the otherwise black Jeep and make it look better.

Don't risk yourself and others for a whims.
Old 03-28-2015, 03:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Black Out = Black Eye (unusable)

But to each his/her own
Old 03-28-2015, 04:06 AM
Huk
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So I read the thread to mean you want to black out all parts of your KC lights and not headlights etc. Maybe post a pic of the light you want to change. I have not tried this, but give details of the light- led, incandescent 55 watt, 130 watt hot dog cookers etc. It will help people know what you are trying to do. Good luck.
I have a black altitude and use the Hella black magic lights. If you ever need to change your lights these are nice... and all black.
Old 03-28-2015, 04:36 AM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I tinted my truck bedlight with VHT Nightshades.......if you only use 1 -2 light coats you do not lose brightness when the light is on and achieve the desired blackout result when the light is off. Any autoparts store carries it.
Old 03-28-2015, 06:23 AM
JK Newbie

Default Original post

Hey thanks for all the ideas so far maybe I should have clarified Im not looking to black out, headlights, brakes lights, turn signals etc, im actually just trying to slightly tint the additional KC lights I had added to my front bumper and eventually windshield corners...
Old 03-28-2015, 07:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Fellow long islander here. I agree with prior post of all black looks better with lighting bright and clear.

And the safety points are valid. Ever drive on road with blacked out headlights or worse taillights? Not much fun except for the driver. Sucks for everyone else.

See you on the beach. LIBBA #2014

FD
Old 03-28-2015, 07:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ksmit222

2012 JKU Altitude
For the off road lights you should just get black covers for when you're not using them.
Old 03-28-2015, 08:04 AM
JK Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by ChairRepairHeatnAir
For the off road lights you should just get black covers for when you're not using them.
exactly

Quick Reply: Kc hilites off road lights