Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Kicker HS8 Hideaway sub mount under driver's seat

Old 12-15-2014, 07:20 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kicker HS8 Hideaway sub mount under driver's seat

hi all - a question on mounting this sub - I have it under the driver's seat, and presently have it screwed through the carpet into the pan. It is rattling somewhat, and I am not happy with it. for those of you who have also mounted it, a couple of questions:

1. Did you mount it to the seat, or to the body?
2. If you mounted it to the seat, did you use a bracket similar to this one on ebay?
3. if you mounted it to the pan, did you go above or below the carpet?
4. If you went below the carpet, did you use sound mat?
5. If on the pan, how did you handle the pan not being flat, so the sub does not want to sit right? (did you use spacers, etc?)

Thank you in advance for any help / advice - I appreciate it!

-randy
Old 12-18-2014, 12:23 PM
JK Newbie

I have one under my drivers seat and I didnt mount it at all. I just wedged it parallel with the steering wheel. it sits in there pretty snug and does not rattle or cause any distortion.
Old 12-18-2014, 12:35 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by yellowridr
I have one under my drivers seat and I didnt mount it at all. I just wedged it parallel with the steering wheel. it sits in there pretty snug and does not rattle or cause any distortion.
By wedging, do you mean under the seat itself, or on the carpet part, or somewhere in between?
Old 12-18-2014, 03:34 PM
JK Newbie

How do you guy's like the sub? I'm having one installed next week along with a new head unit.

Quick Reply: Kicker HS8 Hideaway sub mount under driver's seat