Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Led headlights?

Old 09-23-2015, 07:53 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Led headlights?

Wanting some brighter and different headlights
Are the led lights worth it or what are some good options
Old 09-23-2015, 08:00 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Best upgrade you will do to your jeep. Trucklites get my vote
Old 09-23-2015, 08:05 AM
JK Junkie

They are good. Definitely better then stock. Sealed 7 from theretrofitsource.com or a set of retrofit hid projectors are better then any LED system out there though and about the same price or cheaper then some
Old 09-23-2015, 08:57 AM
JK Newbie

I put JW's Evolution J series on mine about two weeks ago and FWIW the light quality is amazing in comparison to stock. But when it comes to other LED options I can offer no opinion as these are my first, hopefully last, LEDs. The price point in comparison to the others out there will probably make these the least attractive option. Though I liked the fact that the J's were made specifically for the JK and it has the anti-flicker built-in instead of being an additional item to add to the shopping cart.

The one thing I don't like is that they do throw codes, over voltage, but it doesn't cause the CEL to come on so I can live with that.
Old 09-23-2015, 09:08 AM
JK Newbie

I can vouch for the Trucklites. Pricey but the difference in output vs stock is staggering. Especially with the time change coming up & more driving in the dark.
I see comment above saying HID is better than the LED.
Had HID in a Grand Cherokee but comparing the LED's those? LED's would win hands down. Plus the HID's have that stupid shutter that blocks the height of the beam instead of the actual intensity. Do the aftermarket HID's work the same way? If so, I would def recommend LED's.
Old 09-23-2015, 09:11 AM
Former Vendor

Check out our Lightworx headlights for the JK. They have tons of good reviews and look great. We have a small amount left in stock, so as of now they will ship within 24 hours of ordering. We also offer a $50.00 off discount code "headlight" which makes them even more affordable.
Old 09-23-2015, 09:52 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Javelin
I can vouch for the Trucklites. Pricey but the difference in output vs stock is staggering. Especially with the time change coming up & more driving in the dark.
I see comment above saying HID is better than the LED.
Had HID in a Grand Cherokee but comparing the LED's those? LED's would win hands down. Plus the HID's have that stupid shutter that blocks the height of the beam instead of the actual intensity. Do the aftermarket HID's work the same way? If so, I would def recommend LED's.
There is a difference between HIDs and a set of retrofit projectors with an HID system. The retro is what you want. An HID system in the stock housing is garbage. LEDs aren't beating a good properly setup retro system.
Old 09-25-2015, 10:26 AM
JK Newbie

I think it's one of the best upgrade you can do.
I did a write up I can post if you want
It was really straight forward.
Old 09-25-2015, 11:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Easily the first mod I had done to mine. The stock headlights are just a teensy bit brighter than a pair of candles, IMO.

First headlight upgrade was a set of Truck-Lites. It was an outstanding improvement in comparison. I had the TL's for about a year and then swapped onto headlights from www.hidprojectors.com and damn... I haven't looked back. Now one of my favorites mods on my rig.
Old 09-25-2015, 11:59 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Another vote for Trucklites. I've had mine since last year and they've been worth every penny. I do a lot of driving in remote areas so having good forward and side visibility is important. The stock headlamps felt downright unsafe in comparison.

Quick Reply: Led headlights?