Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

LED light bars

Old 07-23-2014, 07:17 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LED light bars

Wondering if anyone with windshield light bars has had issues with noise, whistling, and excessive vibration from their light bar and any remedies to help minimize it. I installed a 50" bar yesterday using Rough Country brackets that bolt to the hinge locations. Entire Jeep now vibrates at interstate speeds. The soft top "flaps" from the airflow being changed, and there is lots of air noise even at very low speeds. It will be coming off soon unless I find a remedy. Driving it like this will be insane....
Old 07-23-2014, 07:35 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With the soft top the noise is terrible, but If you point the bar down a lot it makes it a lot better. As far as whistling I got some tubing from Advance Auto Parts and put it on like three if the find and it's good now. I attached a pic but can take a better one if you need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-24-2014, 05:25 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks, I am going to try it this weekend. I am also going to add some rubber isolator a at the ends to see if it helps. I will update. Looking at your picture, you just ran the rubber tubing across the top fin?
Old 07-24-2014, 05:27 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jojo409
Thanks, I am going to try it this weekend. I am also going to add some rubber isolator a at the ends to see if it helps. I will update. Looking at your picture, you just ran the rubber tubing across the top fin?
I put it on three of the fins, a couple fins apart.
Old 07-30-2014, 05:56 PM
JK Freak

see this thread........

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-e...-307319/page1/

Quick Reply: LED light bars