Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

LED spots, which ones?

Old 07-11-2014, 02:58 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just got some rigids
Old 07-12-2014, 01:10 AM
JK Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by DunnyBunny
Just got some rigids
Im sorry for you. ha ha.

my friend has a 50 on his roof, a sr mounted on his hood, 4 dualys on his pillars a 6 and 2 4s on his bumper and a set of inspired mounted in his fog light holes. And for the money he spent there is no more lighting out of that than there is from my Hellas.

2 light cannons would have been way better, and have something useful.
Old 07-12-2014, 03:44 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

screw all those lights, night vision goggles are way cheaper and plug into your cig lighter port! incognito!
Old 07-12-2014, 06:02 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Kojack
Im sorry for you. ha ha. my friend has a 50 on his roof, a sr mounted on his hood, 4 dualys on his pillars a 6 and 2 4s on his bumper and a set of inspired mounted in his fog light holes. And for the money he spent there is no more lighting out of that than there is from my Hellas. 2 light cannons would have been way better, and have something useful.
I'm not sorry. I got a great deal on them with mounts. They are brighter than the PIAA I have now which will be sold to cover the cost of what I paid for the duallys. They are lower profile and don't stand out as much on my A-pillar which is what I really wanted. So pretty much win all the way around for me.

I'm curious as to how many Hellas you have.
Old 07-12-2014, 06:05 AM
JK Junkie

Im sorry for you. ha ha. my friend has a 50 on his roof, a sr mounted on his hood, 4 dualys on his pillars a 6 and 2 4s on his bumper and a set of inspired mounted in his fog light holes. And for the money he spent there is no more lighting out of that than there is from my Hellas. 2 light cannons would have been way better, and have something useful.
And useful to you might be different than useful to me. But thanks anyways.
Old 07-12-2014, 06:45 AM
JK Junkie

I have 2 55w hid hella 500s. the work great in the trail, great in open areas and great on the highways to spot moose a long way off. the duallys will work great in trails. the other two are a no show.
Old 07-12-2014, 06:47 AM
JK Junkie

I have 2 55w hid hella 500s. the work great in the trail, great in open areas and great on the highways to spot moose a long way off. the duallys will work great in trails. the other two are a no show.
HIDs are hard to beat but your saying that your 2 lights is better than all of your buddies lights all together?

Last edited by DunnyBunny; 07-12-2014 at 12:28 PM.
Old 07-12-2014, 12:23 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by DunnyBunny
HIDs are hard to beat but your saying that your 2 lights is better than all of your buddies lights out together?
Yeah, I kinda doubt that as well.

I had 2 8" kc spots on.my pillar and 2 6" fogs on my bumper. I prefer my buddies single pair of d2 driving lights on his pillar.
Old 07-13-2014, 02:03 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by sea bass
Yeah, I kinda doubt that as well.

I had 2 8" kc spots on.my pillar and 2 6" fogs on my bumper. I prefer my buddies single pair of d2 driving lights on his pillar.

I don't. Rigids are mediocore lights. Overpriced for what you really get. I have been through this many times, a bunch of LEDs will not put light down the road farther than a proper focused reflector with a good bulb. KCs were 55w, not enough power to get down the road. I had 130w Halogens in my hella lights first and the HID kicked them hard. I have over 1000 m of light out of my lights. that's meters, as in I have light so that things 1km away are lit up. The rigid lights get about 500 to 750 FT max. no matter how many you have there is not enough power in the LED itself to go farther. Goto vision x's website and look at the light spectrum graphs on their site. the HID destroys the LEDs in seeing down the road. and are plenty wide for any driving you do. led lights in the dually category get 200ft max. hardly an amazing light. Your KC's were def getting down the road farther, just the Duallys floods the light right in front of the vehicle to make it seem like their brighter. But, in fact they are not. LEd are bright to look at, but not at projecting light down the road.
Old 07-13-2014, 05:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Please park beside your friends jeep and do a comparison of your 55w lights vs his entire rigid setup.

Quick Reply: LED spots, which ones?