Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

LED turn signals

Old 07-22-2014, 02:37 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LED turn signals

I'm looking for replacement of my stock turn signals. Are there any good variants? I was able to find only RECON smoke lights but the comments are not very positive...
Old 07-22-2014, 02:49 AM
JK Freak

I looked through alot of info when looking into led tail light bulbs, found some good ones for that use, the main issue with turn signal lights was needing more parts to prevent hyper blinking/burn outs. Honestly ild just keep using regular signal bulbs since they only get used a little and last for years even when incandescent myself. head lights/fogs/tails/spots, those are where to go led for brightness and bulb life!
Old 07-22-2014, 05:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Alex Bolotnikov
I'm looking for replacement of my stock turn signals. Are there any good variants? I was able to find only RECON smoke lights but the comments are not very positive...
I'm running RECONs and they work just fine. They a PIA to get in, but they work great.
Old 07-22-2014, 05:33 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

RECON as in RECON Truck Accessories? or is this a brand of light?
Old 07-22-2014, 10:34 PM
JK Newbie

Thank you all for the replies! I don't like the look of OEM signals that's why I'm looking for replacement) As I found out there are no alternative to Recons so I have nothing to do but to try them...
Old 08-03-2014, 04:05 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just put vleds switchbacks in mine very bright

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
Old 08-04-2014, 04:57 AM
JK Newbie

One more question. Is it possible to solve "blinking problem" of recon turn signals other than to install the resistors? I have heard that a special relay could help...
Old 08-11-2014, 12:26 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Alex Bolotnikov
One more question. Is it possible to solve "blinking problem" of recon turn signals other than to install the resistors? I have heard that a special relay could help...
I wouldn't do a relay just for turn signals. Too much wiring for such a simple function.

I would stay away from resistors if you can again for just turns (headlights are OH to do though).

You might want to look at less which are made for vehicles with a Canbus system (search "canbus led"). Be forewarned though, those still may not work as our pcm/ canbus is very finicky. go to vLED's website as they are a much higher quality product then ebay & would probably refund you if they didn't work.
Old 08-11-2014, 01:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just a 2 inch trailer clearance light. It's a two wire so I had to do some creative wiring to get both function out of it but works great
Old 08-11-2014, 05:10 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by dhughes
Just a 2 inch trailer clearance light. It's a two wire so I had to do some creative wiring to get both function out of it but works great
I'm interested in the creative wiring lol I want to do the same thing

Quick Reply: LED turn signals