Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

LEDs in factory fog location?

Old 04-22-2014, 02:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im thinking about getting these
http://m.ebay.com/itm?itemId=131066449057
They fit in the factory housing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
Old 04-22-2014, 02:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Inspired engineering just came out with their revolver series round led lights. Comes with a bracket to fit stock location. They have a thread right now if you search inspired engineering revolver
Old 04-23-2014, 08:48 AM
JK Newbie

Default Cutoffs for LED

Hey,

I have two spot LED installed in my bumper and get flashed by other drivers all the time to the point that I rarely use them anymore. They are aligned as low as possible and was wondering if anyone has had a solution to this such as a cutoff mount or something similar to what is done in HID fabricated mounts.

Much thanks!
Old 04-23-2014, 09:02 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by murklis
Hey, I have two spot LED installed in my bumper and get flashed by other drivers all the time to the point that I rarely use them anymore. They are aligned as low as possible and was wondering if anyone has had a solution to this such as a cutoff mount or something similar to what is done in HID fabricated mounts. Much thanks!
Do you know if the lights are flood or spot?

A narrow spot could likely be aimed well enough to work. A flood type LED beam may put too much spread on the light to be used for on-road purposes.
Old 04-25-2014, 12:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by arjeeper
Do you know if the lights are flood or spot?

A narrow spot could likely be aimed well enough to work. A flood type LED beam may put too much spread on the light to be used for on-road purposes.
As I mentioned before I have the "flood" LEDs from Inspired Engineering (IE), when I go to work it's dark, in nearly a half a year of everyday use I have only been flashed by an oncoming driver once, and that was as I peaked a small hill.

The rep from IE has mentioned in a thread somewhere on this forum that the opposite of what you have said a few times is true. The 90 degree floods are good for on road, the 8 degree spots are better suited for off road. Now I'm sure you could make the floods work somehow, but if you want the housing to be flush with the bumper (like my floods are) the spots are no good for on road.
Old 04-25-2014, 12:40 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Interesting. At this point I've all but decided against LEDs in the fogs altogether.

I'm all about being able to see better, but not at the expense of another driver's vision.

I wonder if the folks that are having problems are running lifted rigs, or rigs lifted somewhat higher?

Last edited by arjeeper; 04-25-2014 at 12:42 PM.
Old 04-26-2014, 12:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

What about the PIAA led kit? I run them as my driving lights (Canada) and they can be aimed downwards with the brackets in the kit.
Old 04-26-2014, 03:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Interesting. At this point I've all but decided against LEDs in the fogs altogether.

I'm all about being able to see better, but not at the expense of another driver's vision.

I wonder if the folks that are having problems are running lifted rigs, or rigs lifted somewhat higher?
Have u looked at lifetime led they seen to be made like the factory headlight bulb. The led is on the side instead of straightforward like the hid bulb is.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Old 04-26-2014, 10:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Mine is not lifted. What the floods do for me is fill in the area on the ground from my bumper to where the OEM headlights hit the ground. Again flush to the bumper, use them every day for about half a year, only one person flashed me in that entire time as I was peaking a small hill.

I don't have a problem whatsoever blinding the overwhelming majority of oncoming cars.

Quick Reply: LEDs in factory fog location?