Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Light bar switch mounting

Old 02-23-2015, 03:04 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 14Sport
Behind the factory switches there is a circuit board so using the blanks wouldn't be easy. It would involve sanding down the blanks and installing a micro-switch with epoxy. There is a video on youtube. He said he was going to post another video of it actually hooked up but he never did, so I'm guessing it isn't as easy, or maybe dependable, as he thought.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QrDxvd6uj4"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QrDxvd6uj4
You can purchase the switches out of a Rubicon or Sahara and they come with more stock switches of this same circuit board. You would just use one of the switches on the Rubicon version of an options you don't have, and paint over the image or put a sticker over it.
I personally like the stock look.

You can fine the switch Module on E-bay (it is not cheap).
Old 02-23-2015, 03:20 PM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by valovic
You can purchase the switches out of a Rubicon or Sahara and they come with more stock switches of this same circuit board. You would just use one of the switches on the Rubicon version of an options you don't have, and paint over the image or put a sticker over it.
I personally like the stock look.

You can fine the switch Module on E-bay (it is not cheap).
That's a good idea, depending on price to me at least.
Old 02-26-2015, 03:59 PM
JK Newbie

I wired mine to the stock a-post cover using OTRATTW horizontal switches. Looks almost factory and super clean. I get nothing but compliments...everyone loves the little Jeep pictures
Old 02-26-2015, 04:35 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Havoc40
I wired mine to the stock a-post cover using OTRATTW horizontal switches. Looks almost factory and super clean. I get nothing but compliments...everyone loves the little Jeep pictures
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-93856137.jpg
Views:	376
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	598836

I did the same. Love the look
Old 03-10-2015, 01:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My switch is one of the unused slots of the stock pod.

Have used 2; one for light bar and one for KC windshield spots.

-FD

Quick Reply: Light bar switch mounting