Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Location of fuse for fog light/high beam modification 2012 jk

Old 11-09-2013, 01:15 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Location of fuse for fog light/high beam modification 2012 jk

I have been searching all over this evening trying to learn about modifying the fog lights to stay on with the high beams. So far, I have found that all i need to do is locate the fuse, bend a prong over, and they will work with high beams on. My problem is that I can't, for the life of me, find the fuse that I am to pull and then bend the prong. I checked the fuse box under the hood and looked at the fuse map on the cover and it didn't help at all.

I am running a 2012 Jeep JK Arctic Edition. Could the fuse be behind the glove box? That's one place I haven't checked yet.

I have also Googled the crap out of it and I have found fuse box maps that look similar but I just don't under all of the jargon listed on the maps.
Old 11-09-2013, 01:27 PM
JK Junkie

Are you sure you didn't find that information on a TJ page? I haven't heard of this being so easily done for the JK but that's a very common thing to do on the TJ.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk
Old 11-10-2013, 04:52 AM
JK Newbie

I am betting that you are right. Is it possible on my 2012 JK as well then?
Old 11-10-2013, 04:58 AM
JK Junkie

I've not heard of anyone coming up with a simple fix like that since the inputs and outputs are run through the computer.

Down the road if you go to auxiliary fog lights then you can certainly set it up to function like that but I've not seen it on the factory fogs.

Old 11-10-2013, 07:43 AM
JK Newbie

Default Fuse location help

I don't want to hijack the tread, but finding fuses seems to be an ongoing problem so I thought I'd ask here.....

I blew a fuse that backlights the climate controls on the center dash area as well as my aux switches that are tapped into the climate control. After installing an ARB compressor, while looking to backlight the new switch, I touched one of the prongs on the switch with a wire and Crack and a spark, followed by NO Backlighting. I can only assume its a fuse. I pulled most of the fuses and nothing is blown. The "map" of the fuse box is labeled with a ton of stuff my JKs don't have, like power seat or other crazy things. Help! Does anyone know where to look or other potential solutions? Thanks in advance

Felix
Old 11-10-2013, 08:03 AM
JK Junkie

Felix....see the link below, it 'should' be of help to you.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/j...iagram-959526/

Old 11-10-2013, 10:09 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 163 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by Iancass79
I have been searching all over this evening trying to learn about modifying the fog lights to stay on with the high beams. So far, I have found that all i need to do is locate the fuse, bend a prong over, and they will work with high beams on. My problem is that I can't, for the life of me, find the fuse that I am to pull and then bend the prong. I checked the fuse box under the hood and looked at the fuse map on the cover and it didn't help at all.

I am running a 2012 Jeep JK Arctic Edition. Could the fuse be behind the glove box? That's one place I haven't checked yet.

I have also Googled the crap out of it and I have found fuse box maps that look similar but I just don't under all of the jargon listed on the maps.
The JK fog lights and headlights have no fuses.
Old 11-11-2013, 03:04 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by karls
I've not heard of anyone coming up with a simple fix like that since the inputs and outputs are run through the computer.

Down the road if you go to auxiliary fog lights then you can certainly set it up to function like that but I've not seen it on the factory fogs.

I am glad that you mentioned this.

I have recently installed new bumpers, winch etc., and I have lost my front fog lights. What I did then was disconnect my rigid LED's from their switch which I mounted in the cab and spliced them into my fog light wiring. I just like the convenience of the fog light switch for them and I will later use the rigid switch for something else. But, in turn, I have lost the functionality of the rigids being on with my high beams.

I know, I know. I am am making things more difficult just for using a different switch, but I hate having a switch that has no functionality that is "built into" my JK. Plus, I moved my Rigids down to the bumper as fog/floods so.....it just feels right to use the standard fog switch.

Also, to top off all of this, I have to run a relay to get them to stop flashing when my Jeep is off but keeping the lights on for 30 seconds.
Old 11-11-2013, 03:30 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by karls

I got to thinking about my last post to you. I think I answered my question and didn't realize it. I don't know much about vehicle electrical, but when I add the relay to stop the flickering of my rigids when I turn my jeep off, I believe that will also stop the computer from turning off my fogs when I turn on my high beams. This makes sense to me, but the only thing that would stop it is that it is all ran through the computer. Guess I will find out.
Old 11-24-2013, 02:56 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Iancass79
I got to thinking about my last post to you. I think I answered my question and didn't realize it. I don't know much about vehicle electrical, but when I add the relay to stop the flickering of my rigids when I turn my jeep off, I believe that will also stop the computer from turning off my fogs when I turn on my high beams. This makes sense to me, but the only thing that would stop it is that it is all ran through the computer. Guess I will find out.
Just a suggestion. I am planning on making this mod soon. Stock fog lights ....switched with stock switch, and aux switch. I'm using a 5 wire relay, pin 30 and 87a have continuity when the relay is at rest. Cut the positive and connect the side going to the lights to pin30, the other to pin 87a. It will work like stock in this position, then wire the rest of the relay like normal to the aux switch. This will also work for independent control of reverse lights!

Quick Reply: Location of fuse for fog light/high beam modification 2012 jk