Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Looking for a 2 inch instrument/gauge mount for a 2015 JK dash ...

Old 06-21-2015, 09:23 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for a 2 inch instrument/gauge mount for a 2015 JK dash ...

Hi. I'm searching for a source to buy a dash mount for standard 2 inch instrument gauges. I want to add a voltmeter, transmission fluid temperature gauge, etc., on my dash but make it look nice.
I can't believe no company sells any? I see these auxiliary gauge mounts for all sorts of cars, but nothing for Wranglers? You would think that folks who routinely drive out into the wilderness would want to carefully monitor the condition of their vehicle so they'll be able to get home, right? There must be a market for mounting gauges in JK Wranglers, but I can't find where to buy them.
Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 06-22-2015, 02:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure about that but an easier solution may be a bluetooth OBD2 plug and torque app. I know it's not what you asked but for less than $20 you can have all of that plus more.
Old 06-22-2015, 03:09 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

I use a mix of Torque Pro on a Nexus 7 tablet, and an oil pressure gauge in the sPOD controller. You can view a video here of Torque--I apologize in advance for the audio quality.

https://youtu.be/k6UolIlksZs

There was also a company offering a replacement for the center dash that could hold gauges and switches. It was pre-wired to control a winch, which seems kind of restrictive on its market. Plus you could buy an sPOD for what they were asking for it.

Then there's a company I've seen offering a gauge pod that goes on the driver's A-pillar.

And there is also the Aeroforce Interceptor gauge, which allows programmability of desired features.

Sorry for not remembering specific companies. And some of these may no longer be around because selling a $400 dash gauge bezel is going to be tough in a market where $30 can buy you way more functionality (assuming one owns an Android phone).

Last edited by Mark Doiron; 06-22-2015 at 03:14 AM.

Quick Reply: Looking for a 2 inch instrument/gauge mount for a 2015 JK dash ...