Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Looking for Backup Camera

Old 08-23-2015, 08:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can tap into the reverse circuit in the cab as well, at either the driver or passenger side kick panel. This is what I did.
Old 08-24-2015, 07:18 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks for all the ideas! Sorry I haven't replied sooner, I've been off-grid in Utah....

I like the idea of the replacement mirror. However, what I'd lose are factory "look and feel", and the map lights. How does the ebay one attach? Is there another?

I also like the idea of full-time reverse view, as well as a secondary reverse wide-angle backup view when in reverse. Now to research more....
Old 08-24-2015, 02:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by IntrepidTraveler
Thanks for all the ideas! Sorry I haven't replied sooner, I've been off-grid in Utah....

I like the idea of the replacement mirror. However, what I'd lose are factory "look and feel", and the map lights. How does the ebay one attach? Is there another?

I also like the idea of full-time reverse view, as well as a secondary reverse wide-angle backup view when in reverse. Now to research more....
That replacement one looks nice, and looks pretty factory to me. The Costco link that was posted is a good $200 cheaper than Amazon or other sites... I'm really tempted to jump on that.

OEM Style Rear View Mirror Back Up Camera System by Rear View Safety

Seems like it mounts to the standard mirror mount. You would unscrew the factory one and slide it out, slide in the new one and screw it back in.
Old 08-25-2015, 08:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

The one I posted up clips onto the rear view mirror, so you would still have full use of the map lights.
Old 08-25-2015, 11:13 PM
JK Newbie

I got a camera off eBay and mounted it as high as possible, it came with the the white mount but beware if you want to do it that way the camera will be upside down it would require you to remove the camera and realign it right side up, I prefer a spare tire cover so I couldn't go with putting one in the spare, I also put one in the front bumper and rear bumper.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-740821710.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	408.4 KB
ID:	622692   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2287876189.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	398.9 KB
ID:	622693  
Old 08-25-2015, 11:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...obalID=EBAY-US

I got this one and have it so it turns on when the Jeep turns on. So far it works great. Easy install.

Quick Reply: Looking for Backup Camera