Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Looking to upgrade stock headlights

Old 10-09-2016, 08:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi 4x4 truck led.
Could you provide more information on your product. Wentto website and watched YouTube. Not much info. Any examples of jeep jk specific. Will they melt the snow off in a blizzard?
What is the light comparison compared to others on market. Trucklite, etc
Old 10-10-2016, 05:28 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had the Morimoto Sealed7's and now i have the Morimoto Bi-led's. The Sealed7's were by far the best headlights i've had in a Wrangler, but they are more of a DIY project and certainly not plug and play. The Bi-led's install is very simple and they don't require any extra harness....The downside is the output isn't as good as the Sealed7 Hid, however they are way better than stock.
Old 10-10-2016, 05:53 AM
JK Newbie

I just switched to the XPrite LEDs (7" Inch Round 80W 9600 Lumens Hi/Lo Beam Cree LED) with Halo, and I am very happy with them. The difference over stock is astounding.
After adjusting their angle correctly, very few people flash me on the road.
I also installed the XPrite 4" LED fog lights. They are very bright also, so I am curious to see how they perform in appropriate weather conditions.
Old 10-10-2016, 08:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JRC27
I've had the Morimoto Sealed7's and now i have the Morimoto Bi-led's. The Sealed7's were by far the best headlights i've had in a Wrangler, but they are more of a DIY project and certainly not plug and play. The Bi-led's install is very simple and they don't require any extra harness....The downside is the output isn't as good as the Sealed7 Hid, however they are way better than stock.
Sealed 7 is definitely what I'd recommend just not sure if I'm up for such a project in case I screw it up.

May settle for the LED conversions if they can melt ice and snow while driving down the road.
Old 10-10-2016, 10:31 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Monster696
Hi 4x4 truck led.
Could you provide more information on your product. Wentto website and watched YouTube. Not much info. Any examples of jeep jk specific. Will they melt the snow off in a blizzard?
What is the light comparison compared to others on market. Trucklite, etc
They are an LED Conversion Kit. So they come with the bulbs and ballasts. They are direct plug and play, VERY easy upgrade on the Jeeps (should only take a few minutes). I did one for a coworker in a few minutes after work one day. BIG improvement over his stock bulbs.

They'll melt the snow about as good as the halogens did (which is NOT that great... at least from what I've seen halogen bulbs didn't do a TERFFIFIC job melting snow).

The only time I ever had an issue with SNOW accumulating on my headlights was in a blizzard in NJ YEARS ago. I've never had an issue like that before, so i'm not sure why some folks DO have that issue. But they are LED. They will be slightly less temperature wise then halogen, but I'd say they do "as fine" as halogens melting snow, but are not as hot. The ballast is what gets hot on LED bulbs, similar to how HID work.

They are the brightest onthe market that i've seen. You'll see other kits advertised as 12,000 lumen but that is not a real figure (impossible actually). These are rated at 6,000 lumen but that is PER kit. There are 4 LED diodes on each H13 bulb. So you can't get 6,000 lumen out of a single bulb.

All the bulbs i this class are 3,000 lumen per side or less. Ignore ads that claim 4,000 per side or 6,000 lumen per side, that's wrong. We state 6,000 lumen on the box and it's combined output.

Unlike other bulbs these allow you to rotate the bulbs to get the right cut-off. On some trucks (like the F-150s) you want to install the bulbs OPPOSITE of what the instructions say. Gets you a better cut-off. It also works on some vehicles where an air box might be blocking part of the bulb, you can twist it to get it how you want while keeping the pattern the same.

They are very durable, as you saw in the videos, that's why we did a torture test. The Jeep guys were curious to see how they'd stand up to a beating. They stand up all right.

I don't recommend LED or HID in vehicles without halogen projectors EXCEPT this style bulb. As it was designed to work with your "halogen housings" - they work even better in projection of course, but HID is something you never want to run in halogen housings and the same goes for LED. WITH the exception of this kit, since it was designed this way. To have that better cut-off and most important to stop that "light scatter" you get with other bulbs.

Every drive towards a truck with LED lights and you get blinded? That's a cheap setup (the $50 ebay specials)... you get what you pay for and we offer a 2 year advanced replacement on ours.
Old 10-15-2016, 01:11 PM
JK Super Freak

The 2017s are coming out with an LED front lighting Option, so a Mopar retrofit kit might be available too. I think the factory option for 2017 is about $500 ?
I'll wait and see how they address the ice build up issue.
NHSTSA should have headlight testing, from both the drivers view, and oncoming drivers view. My 2015 headlights are easily the WORST I've had to deal with.
Is this because they are the Iconic round headlights ?
Old 10-15-2016, 04:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Four Low
The 2017s are coming out with an LED front lighting Option, so a Mopar retrofit kit might be available too. I think the factory option for 2017 is about $500 ?
I'll wait and see how they address the ice build up issue.
NHSTSA should have headlight testing, from both the drivers view, and oncoming drivers view. My 2015 headlights are easily the WORST I've had to deal with.
Is this because they are the Iconic round headlights ?
No its because they used some shitty reflectors. i replaced mine with normal sealed beam versions for a while from sylvania and they were much better.
Old 10-15-2016, 05:03 PM
JK Newbie

Default NightSon 4x4

I have a set of led's from NightSun 4x4 and they work great. I do get flashed some, but it due to the fact my JK has no headlight adjusters. NightSon4x4.com is based outta Florida, and they will wire them up for any plug. They also have a built in extra set of lights you can wire as turn lights or day time running lights. They cost me $300 shiped to door plug n play.
Old 10-22-2016, 01:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 4x4TruckLEDs.com
They are an LED Conversion Kit. So they come with the bulbs and ballasts. They are direct plug and play, VERY easy upgrade on the Jeeps (should only take a few minutes). I did one for a coworker in a few minutes after work one day. BIG improvement over his stock bulbs. They'll melt the snow about as good as the halogens did (which is NOT that great... at least from what I've seen halogen bulbs didn't do a TERFFIFIC job melting snow). The only time I ever had an issue with SNOW accumulating on my headlights was in a blizzard in NJ YEARS ago. I've never had an issue like that before, so i'm not sure why some folks DO have that issue. But they are LED. They will be slightly less temperature wise then halogen, but I'd say they do "as fine" as halogens melting snow, but are not as hot. The ballast is what gets hot on LED bulbs, similar to how HID work. They are the brightest onthe market that i've seen. You'll see other kits advertised as 12,000 lumen but that is not a real figure (impossible actually). These are rated at 6,000 lumen but that is PER kit. There are 4 LED diodes on each H13 bulb. So you can't get 6,000 lumen out of a single bulb. All the bulbs i this class are 3,000 lumen per side or less. Ignore ads that claim 4,000 per side or 6,000 lumen per side, that's wrong. We state 6,000 lumen on the box and it's combined output. Unlike other bulbs these allow you to rotate the bulbs to get the right cut-off. On some trucks (like the F-150s) you want to install the bulbs OPPOSITE of what the instructions say. Gets you a better cut-off. It also works on some vehicles where an air box might be blocking part of the bulb, you can twist it to get it how you want while keeping the pattern the same. They are very durable, as you saw in the videos, that's why we did a torture test. The Jeep guys were curious to see how they'd stand up to a beating. They stand up all right. I don't recommend LED or HID in vehicles without halogen projectors EXCEPT this style bulb. As it was designed to work with your "halogen housings" - they work even better in projection of course, but HID is something you never want to run in halogen housings and the same goes for LED. WITH the exception of this kit, since it was designed this way. To have that better cut-off and most important to stop that "light scatter" you get with other bulbs. Every drive towards a truck with LED lights and you get blinded? That's a cheap setup (the $50 ebay specials)... you get what you pay for and we offer a 2 year advanced replacement on ours.
LED is now a real option for me.
How white r these lights. The white reflects too much off snow

Heard of someone adding an extra halogen bulb inside the housing to create more heat

Anyone knows how this works?
Old 10-22-2016, 03:21 PM
Former Vendor

The kits I sell are 6500k on the temp. They are pretty white. Here is a photo of my F-150

Click image for larger version

Name:	Lights1.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	4.89 MB
ID:	659498

I have yellow fog lights now since I wanted something to cut through bad weather.

Quick Reply: Looking to upgrade stock headlights