Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

M27 ignition fuse keeps blowing

Old 11-23-2016, 01:32 PM
Super Moderator

Received 78 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by TonyGunslinger
Im not sure if this will do ya. Nor do i know if its still applicable. Ive never been in for a recall before. But try this!
This is for the WCM. Completely different system. Also it's a TSB so if they replace the WCM you have to pay for it.
The following users liked this post:
DavidBennett (07-14-2021)
Old 04-01-2021, 09:25 AM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default The same problem

So this last friday, my jeep started up fine 3 times and the third time was a trip into town, about 10 miles. I parked, go into the store and about 50 minutes later the Jeep wouldn't start.

Turns out the ignition switch/window module fuse keeps blowing. It seems i can get one good start and drive and then i have to replace it again.

Maintenance/etc leading to this event:
- jeep sat for about 8-9 days
- the next day it ran 100% all around for errands
- then I installed 1 ton steering, a stabilizer and drag link short inner end.
- adjusted alignment and steering
- the next morning I installed the doors after a few months and washed it (it was on and off 3 times then)
- then test drove into town for steering n such
- then fuse M27 was blown.

And it keeps blowing, but I cant find any diagrams for all the wiring involved in this fuse/system or where i can troubleshoot grounds and such.
HI, did you ever find out what was the problem? I have the same problem, my M27 is constantly blowing. I replaced and as soon as I turn just a contact so not crank yet it blows, it gets spark there and I need to replace it again. After blowing few of them it starts working again. But I have to figure out what makes this problem. My Jeep is JK 2010.
Old 04-01-2021, 07:02 PM
JK Newbie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jelena Plecevic
HI, did you ever find out what was the problem? I have the same problem, my M27 is constantly blowing. I replaced and as soon as I turn just a contact so not crank yet it blows, it gets spark there and I need to replace it again. After blowing few of them it starts working again. But I have to figure out what makes this problem. My Jeep is JK 2010.
For me, it was my ignition wire grounding out. During the maintenance I was doing I had removed my amp and sub. The tape wasn’t covering the ignition wire well enough and it eventually wiggled over to a seat bolt and grounded out. Have you had anything wired to your ignition source?
Old 04-01-2021, 07:54 PM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For me, it was my ignition wire grounding out. During the maintenance I was doing I had removed my amp and sub. The tape wasn’t covering the ignition wire well enough and it eventually wiggled over to a seat bolt and grounded out. Have you had anything wired to your ignition source?
Nothing yet, we have just started searching for suggestions and trying to find potential source of the problem. As soon as we figure out, I will update.
Thank you.
Old 06-15-2021, 11:00 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Same Issue

Hey, I have a 2018 JK with the same issue M27 keeps blowing. How did you figure out about the wiring issue? Did you take it to the dealership? I don’t have an amp or subs but I do have rock lights and led headlights. Not sure if that’s causing the constant blowing of my M27 fuse. But I’m not looking forward to paying the dealership to look into this electrical issue..
Old 06-16-2021, 03:48 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the very informative post!

Quick Reply: M27 ignition fuse keeps blowing