Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Molded Guage Pillar Pod?

Old 03-26-2014, 10:17 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jonboy74
Auto Meter makes one for the JK, both styles of interior. I have one in my 2012 w/ dual aeroforce gauges. The color isn't a 100% match to the stock trim but its close enough, and for $55 you can't go wrong. Auto Meter 15221 - Auto Meter Dual Gauge A Pillar Pod for 07-14 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK - Quadratec
Just ordered one...thanks!
Old 04-16-2014, 05:06 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pylot7
Quadratech sells one called Gauge Works. Its a single or dual gauge A pillar pod. They have a version for 7 to 11 and 12 to 14 model years. I suspect the rake on the A pillar is where the difference comes between the two.

I just installed one last weekend. No install instructions come with the unit.

So here they are. You have to remove your visor, two 13mm bolts and two small torx screws. You also have to remove one of the christmas tree or button connectors. On my 14 it had a phillips center which if very gently unscrewed comes right out then you can pop the button out. Now the corner piece holding the stock A pillar trim comes off. You have to pull straight back towards the back of the jeep to remove the stock A pillar trim piece that runs down the A Pillar.

The Gauge Works pod has a plastic screw/connector that is mounted on a piece of aluminum, that screw/connector goes in a hole that is in the A Pillar. You will want to have your gauge mounted as the piece is fairly secure once the screw/connector is in the hole. You also have to pay attention to how the bottom of the Gauge Works pod fits at the bottom next to the dash. It has a few relief cuts but to get it straight down the A pillar there is only one way that works.

Once you have the bottom figured out and you press the pod screw/connector into the hole you just re install the corner piece and re install the visor. The corner piece and the screw/connector hold the gauge pod securely enough that I did not bother with any silicone or other adhesive. I am just running an Aeroforce gauge so I was able to run the cable from the gauge to the obdII connector inside the trim piece next to the dash. Totally clean install.

They are pricey for what amounts to a piece of molded plastic but the color match is close enough and it looks nice and clean.

Did you install the single gauge pod? if so do you have any pictures? thanks

Quick Reply: Molded Guage Pillar Pod?