Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

mopar/kicker speaker upgrade question

Old 07-16-2015, 02:19 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mopar/kicker speaker upgrade question

I just replaced the dash and sound bar speakers with the kicker - mopar upgrade, stuffed the boxes and bar with polyfil as well. The sound seems to be very high on the treble. I am finding that i need to readjust the treble way down and it still seems too much. Is there a break in period for these? did I miss an adjustment on the speaker itself? The bass does sound better though, I have the RES130 radio with sub. Wondering if I should just do the head unit at this point.

thx
Old 07-16-2015, 03:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

What do you have your settings at on the HU?
Old 07-17-2015, 08:46 AM
JK Newbie

not much to choose from base is at +3 mid +1 and treble at -3 right now, but still find it harder to listen at volume than I did before
Old 07-17-2015, 09:25 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by clifish
not much to choose from base is at +3 mid +1 and treble at -3 right now, but still find it harder to listen at volume than I did before
That would be bass not base....
Old 07-20-2015, 10:36 AM
JK Newbie

Same for me. Have my treble set for -7, mid -3, bass +5 (w/o sub). After sub with separate amp bass to 0. Added amp to kickers...same setting from stock head unit.
Old 07-20-2015, 11:29 AM
JK Super Freak

Is it possible there's a recent batch of speakers with the polarity reversed? Cause that's what it might sound like. For the record I just did the kicker upgrade with the stock no sub head unit and they sound great

Quick Reply: mopar/kicker speaker upgrade question